vs. RANGERS, 4/16

Sessh

Team needs Matusz back. I think TJ isn't as bad as some on here but he isn't a late game pitcher.

Buck was greedy because he had TJ for the lefties. Wilson should be able to pitch by Monday. He doesn't make this move late in the year and it cost us tonight.

• Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply
But let's be honest. A lot of us would have been very happy if Givens had come out to start the 7th. And he sucked too. Maybe not six runs of suck. But he was not good tonight.

You don't know that for sure. Givens also doesn't have the track record of continually sucking like McFarland does.

Just a complete and absolute meltdown on every level. Truth is, we were lucky to even have the lead. But I still bring this back to Buck. Outmanaged himself tonight.

That's what's shocking about this.. I think everyone watched the same game. We all felt as though we were extremely lucky to have gotten 4-- let alone 5 or 6-- innings out of him. I just don't get it....

Just a complete and absolute meltdown on every level. Truth is, we were lucky to even have the lead. But I still bring this back to Buck. Outmanaged himself tonight.

Lucky? Great defense. Lewis was lucky he didn't let up more as well.

Hindsight on here is amazing... somehow a 2 run lead was lock against TX on the road? OK, Buck should have sent someone else out to kick off a 6 run inning... and one walk doesn't decide 6 runs, Hunter.

Nothing ever is a lock but you leave him Gallardo who pitched poorly and was lucky not to be blown out the park early? Then you leave him in for 2 batters? XBH are not uncommon and your really setting yourself up to fail. Most BP arms were much, much more likely to hold a lead then Gallardo there. Instead your just putting yourself behind the eight ball by leaving Gallardo in there. Your being too too greedy. Yes we didn't have to be blown out because of leaving Gallardo too long but 2nd and 3rd 0 outs and your in trouble of letting them tie up the game which happened and then some. Period.

Archived