I would accept 110-52

Frobby

We're 11-5, ten percent of the way through the season, less those two spare games at the end. Call them both losses. 110-52, I'll take it!

It's all about the starting pitching. So far the innings are very low but the bullpen has kept us in the games. The IP/start needs to increase real soon, but our starters for the most part haven't let games get out of hand. In the five losses:

Jimenez 5.0 IP 4 R

Tillman 5.1 IP 6 R

Worley 6.0 IP 5 R

Gallardo 6.0 IP 4 R

Gallardo 2.0 IP 4 R

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think you are right about the starters not getting buried. I can't imagine the bullpen being able to sustain the wear over the long term.

Gallardo is a real concern to me and I'm not sure I'm buying the tendinitis thing.

I really hope Guasman is ready to contribute, Wilson looked good to me last night and perhaps ready in his next start to have a 110 pitch count that could let him go deeper.

I'm not really sure about Wright and even though he hasn't lost he's been a mess.

Ulbaldo is what he is, some days that's really good and others a train wreck. He really is that box of chocolates.

Tillman is the frustrating part for me. He looked as if he were emerging before last season. In the loss the other night it was clearly a low strike zone. Sadly Tillman is unable/unwilling to adjust to the umpires zone.

We're 11-5, ten percent of the way through the season, less those two spare games at the end. Call them both losses. 110-52, I'll take it!

It's all about the starting pitching. So far the innings are very low but the bullpen has kept us in the games. The IP/start needs to increase real soon, but our starters for the most part haven't let games get out of hand. In the five losses:

Jimenez 5.0 IP 4 R

Tillman 5.1 IP 6 R

Worley 6.0 IP 5 R

Gallardo 6.0 IP 4 R

Gallardo 2.0 IP 4 R

You are selling the team short.

The starting pitching still looks to be an issue but I think the injury to Gallardo might be a blessing in disguise. What can we expect from Wilson, Wright, and Gausman? Could be fun to find out.

The bulllpen has been even better than I expected. I expected regression from Brach but he looks as good as ever. Givens is a solid 4th man, IMO, and Bundy is emerging as a trusted member as well. We need Matusz to be reliable.

I agree about Gallardo. With the stuff he's shown so far, Wright and Wilson are better options. We may still need to trade for a SP.

I agree about Gallardo. With the stuff he's shown so far, Wright and Wilson are better options. We may still need to trade for a SP.

I agree, but the problem IMO, is that anything less than a TOR starter doesn't move the needle much. Now if Gausman can be that #1 guy (and that's a BIG IF), then that makes it easier to trade for a mid rotation starter and to push either Wright or Wilson to the pen.

I agree, but the problem IMO, is that anything less than a TOR starter doesn't move the needle much. Now if Gausman can be that #1 guy (and that's a BIG IF), then that makes it easier to trade for a mid rotation starter and to push either Wright or Wilson to the pen.

Nah. There's no doubt that at least one of the 3 W's are going to struggle to the point that they have to be replaced. Just a guy who can give us innings at a league average ERA is going to be an improvement. Of course, Dan will probably pay in a trade like he's getting a TOR SP.

Nah. There's no doubt that at least one of the 3 W's are going to struggle to the point that they have to be replaced. Just a guy who can give us innings at a league average ERA is going to be an improvement. Of course, Dan will probably pay in a trade like he's getting a TOR SP.

I prefer to see what a starter having a nice year at AAA or AA could do before we make that type of trade though. If we don't have anyone that fits the bill, then sure, go get an innings eater.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Christian Walker for Mat Latos!

"It's great when you can get a guy with the pedigree of Latos. He's shown exceptional skill at a high level before." -Dan

I prefer to see what a starter having a nice year at AAA or AA could do before we make that type of trade though. If we don't have anyone that fits the bill, then sure, go get an innings eater.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Like who? Isn't that what we're doing with Wright and Wilson?

Christian Walker for Mat Latos!

"It's great when you can get a guy with the pedigree of Latos. He's shown exceptional skill at a high level before." -Dan

Why would they trade Latos? Especially for a guy who has to play 1B, and they've got Abreu.

Archived