I would accept 110-52

Frobby

I think the real "I'll take it" is that the 7-0 start gives the chance for the team to play .500 ball there rest of the way and end up with 88-74 record.

You might want to check your math. A team that starts out 7 games over .500 and then plays .500 ball the rest of the way doesn't end up 14 games over .500.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How's that? Latos has been great so far. They're in first place. Walker is a AAAA guy.

For Latos, he's an extremely injury prone starter seeing career lows in K/9, FB velo and BABIP. He's the most over performing pitcher in baseball right now and has already been linked as a trade target for the Red Sox and Yankees.

Maybe I was a bit unrealistic in thinking Walker (who the White Sox could definitely use with Garcia and Sands fighting for DH at bats), would be the most attractive offer. My point was that it sounded like a gross over payment for a pitcher who USED to be good at one point but is far from that skill set (aka Dan's specialty).

You might want to check your math. A team that starts out 7 games over .500 and then plays .500 ball the rest of the way doesn't end up 14 games over .500.

I've been caught in that mathematical error.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Get the series</p>— 10 (@SimplyAJ10) <a href="

">April 24, 2016</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

The starting pitching still looks to be an issue but I think the injury to Gallardo might be a blessing in disguise. What can we expect from Wilson, Wright, and Gausman? Could be fun to find out.

The bulllpen has been even better than I expected. I expected regression from Brach but he looks as good as ever. Givens is a solid 4th man, IMO, and Bundy is emerging as a trusted member as well. We need Matusz to be reliable.

You forgot the quotations

The starting pitching still looks to be an issue but I think the injury to Gallardo might be a blessing in disguise. What can we expect from Wilson, Wright, and Gausman? Could be fun to find out.

The bulllpen has been even better than I expected. I expected regression from Brach but he looks as good as ever. Givens is a solid 4th man, IMO, and Bundy is emerging as a trusted member as well. We need Matusz to be reliable.

If Matusz is reliable, this bullpen can be lights out good

For Latos, he's an extremely injury prone starter seeing career lows in K/9, FB velo and BABIP. He's the most over performing pitcher in baseball right now and has already been linked as a trade target for the Red Sox and Yankees.

Maybe I was a bit unrealistic in thinking Walker (who the White Sox could definitely use with Garcia and Sands fighting for DH at bats), would be the most attractive offer. My point was that it sounded like a gross over payment for a pitcher who USED to be good at one point but is far from that skill set (aka Dan's specialty).

I'd like to see Matt Latos play in the AL East. LOL

I don't think he could have passed our physical

Probably not. See: Gallardo. He signed for a 1 year deal, I think the Orioles could have signed off on that.

Water under the bridge. No I do not trade Walker for a guy I did not sign in the offseason.

I think the real "I'll take it" is that the 7-0 start gives the chance for the team to play .500 ball there rest of the way and end up with 88-74 record.

The team is already 4-5 since the 7-0 stretch.

As has been pointed out, this is not true.

155 games left after the first 7. Assuming 78-77 the rest of the way, that puts the Os at 85-77.

Archived