I would accept 110-52

Frobby

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It would be great if Manny Machado would do the same ...... accept $110 Million for 52 years.

That would be 5.72 billion dollars.

Or $2.115 Million per year, depending on how you interpreted the wording.

Like who? Isn't that what we're doing with Wright and Wilson?

I'm thinking someone along the lines of Chris Lee, Jason Garcia, Joe Gunkel, Additon, Terry Doyle, Miranda.

Obviously, it's a long shot that any of those listed would be better than a proven MLB innings eater, but IMO if any of them are showing signs in June of putting together a good year, I would rather give them first crack at giving us innings instead of trading for a known "eh" commodity.

Sometimes it happens. In 2012 we had a few of those types of guys (Miguel, Steve Johnson, and Tillman) perform well for us.

The starting pitching still looks to be an issue but I think the injury to Gallardo might be a blessing in disguise. What can we expect from Wilson, Wright, and Gausman? Could be fun to find out.

The bulllpen has been even better than I expected. I expected regression from Brach but he looks as good as ever. Givens is a solid 4th man, IMO, and Bundy is emerging as a trusted member as well. We need Matusz to be reliable.

We need two of the three, plus Tillman to step up big time.

Regarding the "bullpen will tire" arguement I think it's worth noting that we have a good chunk of long relief guys. Bundy, Worley, and TJ plus Brach has thrown multiple innings for Buck on numerous occasions. If we can get an average of 5 innings I think the bullpen could handle that.

Regarding the "bullpen will tire" arguement I think it's worth noting that we have a good chunk of long relief guys. Bundy, Worley, and TJ plus Brach has thrown multiple innings for Buck on numerous occasions. If we can get an average of 5 innings I think the bullpen could handle that.

Buck has kept the workload on Britton and O'Day reasonable. He's leaned pretty heavily on Brach, McFarland and Givens in the early going and those are the guys I'd worry about.

Archived