Manufacturing Runs

Bahama O's Fan

After seeing the first inning of this game' date=' does it seem like we are getting runs other than mashing it alot more this season?[/quote']

No, I would not say so. Nothing done to manufacture that one. A good two strike approach.

After seeing the first inning of this game' date=' does it seem like we are getting runs other than mashing it alot more this season?[/quote']

I just stated in the game thread that I thought that Adam Jones was protecting the plate with 2 strikes on him, and it resulted in a dribbler single.

Then Mark Trumbo was doing the same, cutting down on his swing with 2 strikes on him, and he managed to get enough contact on the ball to hit it in between the infielders for an RNI-single.

So yes, it is nice to see a team that is clearly capable of leading the lead in home runs try to find any and all different kinds of ways to win, and not just swing for the fences.

I just stated in the game thread that I thought that Adam Jones was protecting the plate with 2 strikes on him, and it resulted in a dribbler single.

Then Mark Trumbo was doing the same, cutting down on his swing with 2 strikes on him, and he managed to get enough contact on the ball to hit it in between the infielders for an RNI-single.

So yes, it is nice to see a team that is clearly capable of leading the lead in home runs try to find any and all different kinds of ways to win, and not just swing for the fences.

That Adam Jones hit was very Jeter like. A cheap hit that looks like a line drive in the box score.

That Adam Jones hit was very Jeter-like. A cheap hit that looks like a line drive in the box score.

Nubbers are a part of his game. He swings hard, and they have to play back. When he misses, his speed gets him hits.

Also, in addition to those nubbers, I have also seen Adam be the beneficiary of winding up with opposite-field hits (sometimes singles, and sometimes doubles) when reaching way outside for pitches that are/have been considerably outside of the strike zone in the last 1-plus years.

So even in the weakest part of his game (reaching for pitches that are considerably out of the strike zone), Jones has been finding occasional success when he makes even a little bit of contact with said pitches.

Archived