vs. TIGERS, 5/15

Sessh

• Replies 651
  • Created
  • Last Reply
In other words, O'Day lost steam. If prefer a rested mediocre pitcher to a tired elite pitcher

He made the first 2 hitters look silly and then got what should have been the 3rd out but the ump screwed him. I think your reaching here.

In other words, O'Day lost steam. If prefer a rested mediocre pitcher to a tired elite pitcher

Three outings this week totaling 38 pitches that after not pitching in 5 days. Two good hitters take him deep after a missed call and he is overworked?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• I don’t like losing and I certainly won’t like losing Bradish for any length of time (I refuse to say it’s for the whole season until they say so).  But that game was a ton of fun.  The performance by Akin, Santander’s game-tying homer, Santander’s throw to the plate, and Mullins’ slide — that was highly entertaining baseball.   
    • I tuned in after the Bradish injury but I had a blast watching it. Great crowd, Santander blast, extras, two challenged plays at the plate, momentum going back and forth. Other than the outcome it was a fantastic game.
    • Yesterday turned out to be not fun at all. A loss, a lost player likely for the season. 
    • 5+ - 16 times 4 - 6 <4 - 15 times  Pretty typical.  4 is the median point for most teams every year.  
    • Basallo is 6’4” and 180lbs at 19. He has almost zero chance of sticking at catcher long term. By 23 I suspect he will be somewhere in the 250-270 range. He has 1B/DH written all over him long term, possibly COF.
    • Sure seems like Bradish will go on the 15 day IL today.   Vespi or Krook being called up. Kremer has a rehab start tomorrow.   If he does well he could be in the rotation on Friday.   Kremer had a 3.25 ERA in the 2nd half last season.   He can be a big help if he is healthy. There was a question in this thread about what can we learn about the pitching that we don't know between now and the deadline.    I think the answer is a lot. Over 2022 and 2023 Suarez pitched 29 and 30 start and 173 and 162 IP.    Right now he has a 1.61 ERA overall and I .82 ERA as a starter in 7 starts.    If he can do that until the deadline Elias is going to have a hard time finding a better 3rd starter for the playoff than Suarez. We will probably see Povich get regular starts for the next 6 weeks.   The rookie could be big in the pennant race.  25 year old Boddicker stepped up in 1983 for the O's.   He had never done that before but going 16-8 that year helped the O's to the World Series.   We will see what Povich can show Elias before the deadline. Next man up.
    • Yeah, I’ve found Duck Duck Go to be great for the Hangout. It’s literally the only thing I use for this site now. In fact, the only thing I use Duck Duck Go for , is this site. 
  • Popular Contributors