Bautista Gets A Clean Shot To The Face

Can_of_corn

I don't hate Jose Bautista. As an O's fan, I'm glad he chose to put himself ahead of his team and wipe the tying run out.

He must be the first player to get hit by a pitch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This.

Mic. Drop. Applause.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bautista, the preening fake, tough guy finally got some of what he deserved. How many brawls, and tit-for-tats has he got his team involved in over the years?

This is the same guy who threw out his arm last year against the O's trying to throw someone out a 1b, and now going to get his manager Donaldson, Pillar and himself suspended for multiple games.

And writers are actually defending him as if this is the 1st time he's ever pissed off another team.

John Gibbons is just as bad...Couple Grade A D-Bags. I'm sure everyone in the O's clubhouse enjoyed that.

I would like him to get suspended 30 games. But I doubt he will get that, probably more like 10 to 15 games. If they are suspending guys 30 days for domestic violence I would think that is what Odor should get for punching Bautista in the face.

I figure Bautista will get 2 or 3 game suspension

Why would you like him to get 30 games?

Do you think everyone that throws a punch in a fight in MLB deserves 30 games?

Do you think he deserves a longer suspension than someone who threw a punch with the same intent but less skill?

Why would you like him to get 30 games?

Do you think everyone that throws a punch in a fight in MLB deserves 30 games?

Do you think he deserves a longer suspension than someone who threw a punch with the same intent but less skill?

I don't know about 30 games, but I'd like there to be stiff punishments for anyone throwing punches. Battery is battery, on a field or not. I have zero tolerance for violence. Formerly a boxer, I have become soft at the old age of 32.

That out of the way, if that shot doesn't glance off the helmet Bautista goes down. He caught it right on the sleep button.

I don't know about 30 games, but I'd like there to be stiff punishments for anyone throwing punches. Battery is battery, on a field or not. I have zero tolerance for violence. Formerly a boxer, I have become soft at the old age of 32.

That out of the way, if that shot doesn't glance off the helmet Bautista goes down. He caught it right on the sleep button.

I'm fine with increasing the penalty for throwing punches. However I don't want to see a sliding scale where a miss is worth 3 games, a glancing blow 6 and a solid shot 12.

Feel free to move mods...after everyone gets a good look.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Livest Rangers game in a while!?⚾️ <a href="https://t.co/bJDdqHbzSY">pic.twitter.com/bJDdqHbzSY</a></p>? Ren Reynolds (@renreyn99) <a href="

">May 15, 2016</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Odor is my new non Oriole hero, well done. The bully can't fight, can he?

Bautista' date=' the preening fake, tough guy finally got some of what he deserved. How many brawls, and tit-for-tats has he got his team involved in over the years?

This is the same guy who threw out his arm last year against the O's trying to throw someone out a 1b, and now going to get his manager Donaldson, Pillar and himself suspended for multiple games.

And writers are actually defending him as if this is the 1st time he's ever pissed off another team.

John Gibbons is just as bad...Couple Grade A D-Bags. I'm sure everyone in the O's clubhouse enjoyed that.[/quote']

Well said thanks.

I'm fine with increasing the penalty for throwing punches. However I don't want to see a sliding scale where a miss is worth 3 games, a glancing blow 6 and a solid shot 12.

Agreed, the intent should be punished the same whether or not successful.

o

ESPN failed to mention Alan Mills clocking Darryl Strawberry in their description of the brawl that the two teams had with each other in 1998:

2. Orioles-Yankees, May 19, 1998

After Armando Benitez gave up a go-ahead three-run home run to Bernie Williams in the eighth inning, he decided to plunk Tino Martinez in the back. Martinez didn't charge the mound after what Yankees announcer Jim Kaat labeled a "real cheap shot," but the benches emptied and then things got ugly as the meet-and-greet eventually turned into a huge brawl that spilled into the dugout. Darryl Strawberry was in the middle of things (at the 6-minute mark you can see him sucker-punch a left hook at Benitez), Orioles reliever Norm Charlton is seen with his jersey ripped off, and current Yankees manager and then-catcher Joe Girardi didn't appear too interested in breaking things up. The Yankees of this era had more than a few brawls. I remember being at another big one in the Kingdome that started with Paul O'Neill, and Strawberry went wild in that one as well.

http://espn.go.com/blog/sweetspot/post/_/id/70727/you-like-a-good-baseball-brawl-here-were-10-of-the-best

o

I don't have a problem with Schoenfield predicting the Orioles to go 30-132, and the break the 1916 Philadelphia Athletics' record for the all-time worst record by a Major League team since 1901.

That's fair game.

But when you omit a player sticking up for his teammate by clocking a cheap-shot artist that had just sucker-punched his man when citing a famous brawl, that's just inexcusable.

Archived