Bautista Gets A Clean Shot To The Face

Can_of_corn

Brawls in baseball to me are like fights in the NHL; it's how the players police the sport when a player gets out of line. MLB brawls don't happen often, but when they do, there's a very good reason for it and this was no

different. I don't mind baseball brawls for those reasons plus it's entertaining, but it's not like they're fighting just for fun. Bautista kind of had it coming, but that was a dirty slide with intent.

[video=youtube;EI_rL97Md7A]

The second best thing about this video is the Blue Jays 1st base coach waddling through the infield.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I do have mixed feelings about this.

On one hand I don't like brawls, bean balls and dirty slides.

On the other hand there are four current MLB players that I want to see get clocked in the mouth, and Bautista is one of those four.

Exactly. There's no room in baseball for fights, but if there has to be someone getting beaten to a pulp on national TV it might as well be Bautista.

I know we are all not huge fans of Odor either, but watching him absolutely wreck Jose Bautista with a right hand cross for his bat flipping antics and general d-naggers was absolutely a thing of beauty and a long time coming.

If Orioles fans wish to thank odor for standing up to the pompous scumbag and smacking him in his face, this would be the thread to do it in.

Maybe I'm out of place and maybe the mods won't approve, if so, I understand, but honestly, Bautista totally deserved that and fans everywhere should be standing up for odor for doing what should have been done a long time ago.

Agree or disagree?

I hate for anyone to use violence. It solved nothing. Didnt hurt Bautista. The

other guy will be fined and or suspended. So I have to wonder if it were even

worth it. IMO

When some industrious sort here prints shirts with the image of Bautista getting Tysoned, put me down for two.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The Punch Shirt - Order now! <a href="https://t.co/w887ftfu6o">https://t.co/w887ftfu6o</a></p>— Paul Ylda (@Pylda1) <a href="https://twitter.com/Pylda1/status/732009190110060544">May 16, 2016</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

LOVE it. And don't forget, the Rangers were on the receiving-end of Bautista's jerk-like bat flip and stare in Game 5 of the ALDS last year. This punch had to have been 7 months coming. On behalf of all of MLB (I have Yankee and Red Sox fan friends who hate Bautista too) - THANK YOU ODOR.

Who cares about a bat flip. I am actually on Bautista side on this one. You get that dirt bag Matt Bush to hit him on his last at bat and then Odor cold cocks him.

Really if anyone is siding on the Rangers side I don't know where your priorities are.

I hate for anyone to use violence. It solved nothing. Didnt hurt Bautista. The

other guy will be fined and or suspended. So I have to wonder if it were even

worth it. IMO

It was worth it to me. I just finished watching the 8th inning on mlb.tv and it was one of the most satisfying hours I've spent in a very long time.

The only thing I can't decide is what do I look forward to most, the ridicule Joey Bats has coming to him or the fine/suspension Gibbons has coming to him.

The Blue Jays are the team I despise most, and this is a classic example why.

Oh, Bautista's slid was a cheap shot. I don't blame the Rangers (especially Odor) for being upset.

Really if anyone is siding on the Rangers side I don't know where your priorities are.

Where do you stand on the slide? I've seen clips of three of him sliding into second late this year (one grabbing an ankle) and those are only the ones I'm aware of. There could be more.

Who cares about a bat flip. I am actually on Bautista side on this one. You get that dirt bag Matt Bush to hit him on his last at bat and then Odor cold cocks him.

Bautista has had a lot of bad karma building up from years of acting like a jerk. It is more than that slide or the bat flip. He is just a jerk, and IMO should not be included in the Harper "make baseball fun again" legion. Joey Bats is always barking at umps and barking at other players and just generally acting like...a jerk. Bravo, Odor.

Watching the replay, it looks like the slide did not cause the bad throw--it looks like Odor was aiming for Bautista's head, not trying to turn 2--may be why Bautista popped up with an attitude--either way, it couldn't happen to a nicer guy

Bautista has had a lot of bad karma building up from years of acting like a jerk. It is more than that slide or the bat flip. He is just a jerk, and IMO should not be included in the Harper "make baseball fun again" legion. Joey Bats is always barking at umps and barking at other players and just generally acting like...a jerk. Bravo, Odor.

And throwing his own teammates under the bus (last postseason).

Archived