Would you sign Matusz to a minor league deal?

Frobby

Should the O's sign Matusz to a MiL deal?  

68 members have voted

1. 1. Should the O's sign Matusz to a MiL deal?

• Sure, the cost is nominal so why not?
    • No, I am completely done with the guy

This poll is closed to new votes

He passed through major league waivers yesterday after being DFA'd by Atlanta. He can sign with any team with Atlanta still obligated to pay the remaining part of his $3.9!mom salary less the amount he signs for (presumably nominal). Do you think the O's should sign him to a MiL deal?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sure. I've complained a bunch about Matusz, but my biggest issue has always been that his salary far outweighed his impact. If you can bring him back for peanuts, stick him in Norfolk to try to straighten him out, he could contribute later this year.

Heck, the guy has always wanted to start....you could stretch him out and give him a few starts there. Can't imagine it'll be successful, but with the state of our starters, why not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So in other words, he should go home to San Diego?

Exactly. I voted yes because I would not be opposed to a minor league deal here at all. But he probably needs a fresh start elsewhere, and I have a feeling it will probably be on the opposite coast.

I'd be fine with it. He didn't just decline, he drove off a cliff... he's got to be pitching hurt, something's broken mechanically, or a little of both. Let him work it out in the minors, we'll keep him for left handed relief depth at practically no cost. Works for me.

He passed through major league waivers yesterday after being DFA'd by Atlanta. He can sign with any team with Atlanta still obligated to pay the remaining part of his $3.9!mom salary less the amount he signs for (presumably nominal). Do you think the O's should sign him to a MiL deal?

I voted no. I just think he is done. Sorry. Just my opinion.

Archived