Fire Sale

weams

Because he was a small guy and they didn't think he would hold up as a starter and they needed a 2B and Delino Deshields was pretty good at the time. He had a heck of a season as a reliever (107 IP) as a Dodger before he ever went to the Expos.

Ok. Then Dan knows nothing. My bad.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Passive agressive again. I didn't say Duquette knew nothing. Great trade. I just wouldn't give him too much credit for developing Pedro. Pedro was at least 3/4 baked by the time he got to the Expos. He didn't really become the GREAT Pedro until his last year in Montreal. I give the credit to Pedro and whoever was smart enough to trade DeShields for him.

No, I did. You were right. My premise had no value. Not passive at all.

Because he was a small guy and they didn't think he would hold up as a starter and they needed a 2B and Delino Deshields was pretty good at the time. He had a heck of a season as a reliever (107 IP) as a Dodger before he ever went to the Expos.

I always heard the tale that Pedro was not appreciated in LA and that Duquette and his team of merry men identified him. But in looking at the stats you showed, he was already a full grown MLB reliever. So the legend is untrue. I never was an Expo fan.

So much Angelos bashing, when in reality I doubt Duquette does anything to worsen the major league roster to improve it somewhere else. It's just not going to happen. His entire tenure here despite an increasing payroll (2012: $90m, 2013: $103m, 2014: $114m, 2015: $118m, 2016: $146m, deferred money not adjusted (using Spotrac)) he's focused entirely on the major league roster at the detriment of the minor league roster (and draft picks).

So, in another words, you're living in imagination land if you think Duquette would trade Britton or Chris Davis...especially in the middle of the season.

Archived