vs. ROYALS, 6/08

Sessh

Guy's a workhorse and can hang around even when he doesn't have his best stuff... and also easily has the strongest mental strength.

He's come a long way. I've always rooted hard for Chris, the first Oriole to be younger than me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I know it's the Royals but you still gotta be happy about that. Happy to add to their recent suffering.

Yeah, especially with how the awful Yankee offense did a number on us.

Me too!... Him and Jones for Bedard was a steal.

I know. And Adam has not only been a great player but a great leader and community guy. I still remember the 2012 I believe 4th of July game when Tillman came back from Norfolk and he's been here ever since.

I know. And Adam has not only been a great player but a great leader and community guy. I still remember the 2012 I believe 4th of July game when Tillman came back from Norfolk and he's been here ever since.

Yes, it was 4th of July and we had almost blown the game the night before. Masterful performance by Tillman that game!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• Damn I wish I was that guy
    • Crochet had a monstrous game tonight. 7 IP 2 H 1 ER 2 BB 13 Ks I would love to have him even if it meant moving him to the bullpen for the final stretch but someone is gonna drastically overpay for him with top of rotation potential and 2x additional seasons of club control.    assuming it starts with Mayo, Kjerstad, Povich etc 
    • I would like to see the O's have more success drafting and developing their own pitchers under Elias.  But I must concede that so far Elias has an excellent track record of getting good young controllable pitching from other teams farm systems  (Bradish, Povich, McDermott, Cano) or the waiver wire (Suarez, Webb, Perez).   The development of these pitchers suggests that we have excellent coaching in the high minors and in the majors.  There's more than one way to skin a cat. At this point I don't see a need to trade farm system capital for a top-line starting pitcher like Luzardo.  If the season ended today I'd feel really good about going into a playoff series with Burnes, Rodriguez and Bradish as our big three starters.   I also see no point in getting Crochet midseason as he's not going to be able to carry a starters' load into October.  It's more likely that we trade for bullpen help now, and then address starting pitching in the offseason if Burnes moves on.   
    • I would rather trade for Kikuchi than Luzardo. His FB has gotten hammered pretty much every year besides 2022 and he gets very few whiffs on it. His slider and changeup are both really good but he throws them less than 50% of the time combined. He could probably improve just by throwing those pitches more but not sure how successful he can truly be with that FB.
    • They made a conscious choice to not draft pitching, instead to let other teams, draft, pitching, and deal with the failures. I see their logic and I don’t disagree with it, but the flipside is that when you need pitching, you have to pay the going rate. And that’s something that Mike doesn’t seem to want to do.  And that’s a wee bit o’ trouble, it tis…
    • Let’s overpay a bit for Crotchett. No reason not to buy the best
  • Popular Contributors