Would you be willing to trade Schoop and Givens for a good starting pitcher?

Frobby

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Which starting pitcher would you trade Schoop for?

Which starting pitcher(s) would you trade Schoop for? Jonathan is cost controlled through the 2019 season, plays an excellent 2nd base, can hit to all fields, can hit for power, and plays every day. The pitchers (Plural) would need to be either a two and five or a one and MiLB with upside.

Schoop, Givens, Britton, and Brach are the only trade pieces I see over the next few months in mild areas of depth (I'm thinking about into the offseason as well). We shouldn't trade any more starting pitchers (Bundy or Harvey) because we need to build up depth.

Schoop's contributions this season balance our lineup that much more 1-9 and put this offense over the top. But I do think we should be open over the next few months with him and Britton as we may need to shake the roster up some to balance out things in our window of the next couple years. Britton and Schoop are both huge contributors, but if they could help us land a stud starter or two, you have to at least consider it.

As an aside, in the 33 games since I started this thread, Schoop has posted a 1.056 OPS, to raise his overall OPS from .726 to .855. Obviously, you can only assign so much importance to a 5-6 week hot streak, but I'd say Schoop's trade value certainly has increased since the thread was started.

As an aside, in the 33 games since I started this thread, Schoop has posted a 1.056 OPS, to raise his overall OPS from .726 to .855. Obviously, you can only assign so much importance to a 5-6 week hot streak, but I'd say Schoop's trade value certainly has increased since the thread was started.

On the bright side for Flaherty fans that Gif of him cursing at Chapman is hilarious.

I still think that Givens is one of our better trade pieces IMO. He has been solid again this season but with O'Day back and hopefully healthy he slides into a sixth inning guy. The pen is also pretty full right now and we have guys that I think do about the same as Givens. I could see him being the guy moved i think last year they didn't want to trade him because of the chance O'Day left but now O'day back and Brach becoming dominant the need may not be as great. If Ubaldo stays then it makes the pen even more crowded.

Bullpen

Britton

Brach

O'day

Hart or another lefty

Bundy/Worley

Despaigne

Roe/Drake/Ubaldo

I would put a package together around Givens and Mancini.

I would put a package together around Givens and Mancini.

Now IF Pedro Alvarez, Mark Trumbo and Matt Wieters all leave through Free Agency, Mancini may become a valuable piece going forward after the 2016 Campaign. Of note also is the seven years of team control that the Orioles would have in the salary of Mancini which in no small part would enable them to sign Machado, Tillman and Schoop.

Archived