Notes from Staten Island

JayThomas

Y

Yeah I did remember that they were in the WC push late in the year when I went there. There's actually a thread floating around here about how aberdeen is always terrible.

I'm pretty sure I started that thread!

This may be the worst minor league lineup I've ever seen. These guys are asleep. Tonight it's Ferguson, Hays, and...well, they are kids, I won't be mean.

It's always such a stark contrast watching an O's MiLB game. If there is an international player - and they are so rare - he is 3 years too old for the league. (Ledesma)

I'm anxious to see if Seabrooke is throwing any harder this year. Last year he was in the mid-80's - but it was his first fullish season after nearly 2 seasons off.

Bummed that Curran didn't make the squad.

Hey, thanks for coming up with Curran. I was trying to remember his name the whole night the other night. I was kind of surprised not to see him.

Hayes is a legit SB threat. Gets a great jump, has legit wheels. The field, arm, and run tools appear to be legit.

Hays was a star on the Cape and at Jacksonville. Should be a pretty high-floor kind of guy. Reason he fell to the third, by a few accounts, was that scouts aren't sure if he has the pop to be more than a AAAA guy. Should be the star of the show at Aberdeen this summer.

Love your note about him volunteering to pick up the loose balls, btw. Real easy to root for a guy like that.

Disappointed you didn't get to see McKenna tonight -- he's the only non-Hays player who's been hitting so far, and maybe the best prospect on the team.

Ferguson hasn't turned 19 yet. I wouldn't be too hard on him. Despite a low average, he seems to be making contact and has a homer and double. Very hopeful that Ferguson, McKenna, and Heinrich, put together solid seasons there.

I wasn't hard on Ferguson - my point was that he and Hays were the only players in the lineup that showed anything.

Archived