Orioles 2016 All-Stars

ArtVanDelay

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really don't feel like posting all 47 of the tweets because it is entirely too much stupid for one thread, but Keith Law is going in on Brad Brach and his selection.

Been going on for hours now. It might be one of the most ridiculous things I have ever seen considering just how dominant Brach has been this year.

I really don't feel like posting all 47 of the tweets because it is entirely too much stupid for one thread, but Keith Law is going in on Brad Brach and his selection.

Been going on for hours now. It might be one of the most ridiculous things I have ever seen considering just how dominant Brach has been this year.

Wow. He's embarrassing himself.

Interesting how Keef singled out Brach yet not a peep out of him about Betances making the all-star team as a middle reliever with a 2.63 ERA. Or what about Kimbrel making the AS team with a 2.53 ERA? Kimbrel's ERA is actually at 3.66 now after yesterday's disastrous outing against the Rangers. But yeah, Brach is the one who should be singled out for being undeserving not the two guys with a significantly higher ERA and WHIP.

Major congrats to all of the guys who made it, every one of them was deserved. Like O'Day last year, I'm happiest for Brad Brach. The man has been flat out dominant all year long, and deserved it as much if not more than Britton did. For anyone like Law who argues he shouldn't have been in, the man has been worth 2.5 WAR as a non-closer, that's more than any other reliever in the AL and more than most starting pitchers. That is flat out insane. He deserved to be selected, and he was.

Ty Wigginton. :puke:

With all due respect to Wigginton, who was a decent player at times for the Orioles, that was our most embarrassing moment. When your team is so bad, Ty Wigginton has to be chosen to be your lone All-Star representative.

Happy for everyone who made. Confused about how Chris Davis didn't. He is the best first baseman this year in my opinion. He hits a lot of homers and plays really good defense. Hosmer is a joke.

I certainly don't see Hosmer as a joke, though you can certainly make the case that Davis has been better. I think voters have a hard time seeing past Davis' sub-.250 BA (currently .237) and his staggering strikeout totals, even though the HR, RBI and defense are all where you'd want them to be.

Interesting how Keef singled out Brach yet not a peep out of him about Betances making the all-star team as a middle reliever with a 2.63 ERA. Or what about Kimbrel making the AS team with a 2.53 ERA? Kimbrel's ERA is actually at 3.66 now after yesterday's disastrous outing against the Rangers. But yeah, Brach is the one who should be singled out for being undeserving not the two guys with a significantly higher ERA and WHIP.

Great points. Seems like selective outrage.

I don't understand how people are having so much difficulty with his opinion. He's not saying Brach hasn't been good in 2016, he's saying he doesn't think All-Star selections should be based on who is having the best half season in 2016. I don't agree with him, nor do I care even a little bit about who makes it and who doesn't, but it's not an opinion worthy of the backlash he's getting.

Keith Law is annoying. Brach's ERA is below 1. Tillman wasn't chosen bc Yost playing to win.

If Keith Law doesn't say that there are "a few dozen more deserving players" than Brach, then he just might have to give Duquette credit for trading for him. He can't have that.

Archived