Wright scratched from start tonight, brought up for Friday

Tony-OH

Gives us a backup plan to keep Ubaldo on a very short leash. I am OK with Ubaldo as he looked decent the two previous starts and was sharp early until being undone in part by a bloop single and poor defensive play.

Whats the difference really? If you bring in Wright for Jimenez or visa versa, neither will stop the bleeding and it's a loss either way. I guess Jimenez has a better chance to be on in Bucks mund.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Whats the difference really? If you bring in Wright for Jimenez or visa versa, neither will stop the bleeding and it's a loss either way. I guess Jimenez has a better chance to be on in Bucks mund.

Ok. Wright is added to the roster for tonight.

I looked a little further to see what changed each time he improved at a particular level. When he mastered A, it was largely due to lowering is walk rate significantly. Since then, his walk rate has gone back up, and been a consistent 2.5 or so. When he mastered AA, it was an increase in K rate. In AAA, neither his walk rate or K rate really changed, but his WHIP went way down, so it was giving up fewer hits. So, learning how to pitch to poor contact is the only thing I can really come up with.

Pretty good stuff, and while I don't think he is the next arrietta, I do think it's way too early to give up on him. Just really wish he was the only project and not one of 3

Gives us a backup plan to keep Ubaldo on a very short leash. I am OK with Ubaldo as he looked decent the two previous starts and was sharp early until being undone in part by a bloop single and poor defensive play.

That went according to plan...

Archived