Roy article on Jim Palmer and Heartbreak of Autism

waroriole

I assume the video at the bottom of the article is the same one that ran on MASN and that Roy posted here.

I know several people who have offspring who have autism at various levels on the spectrum, including one who is now a full-grown adult. It is challenging to raise a child with that condition, and takes a ton of patience and flexibility. It really is frightening how much more prevalent autism is today compared to when I was growing up. There's pretty convincing evidence that environmental factors have played a role in that increase.

Just to let you know, that I, myself, am on the high-functioning end of the autism spectrum. With some support in my childhood, I was able to have a career, mostly in computer programming. I recently retired and I'm still nuts about baseball and the Orioles. So it was nice to see Jim's piece about his step son Spencer.

Just to let you know, that I, myself, am on the high-functioning end of the autism spectrum. With some support in my childhood, I was able to have a career, mostly in computer programming. I recently retired and I'm still nuts about baseball and the Orioles. So it was nice to see Jim's piece about his step son Spencer.

I have the same too. My story is posted in the life story thread for those who want to read it

Archived