Shelby Miller?

Whammer

C'mon, every team in baseball would love to have Swanson and Blair, and Inciarte was coming off an injury. That trade was absurdly one-sided in favor of the Braves.

I wasn't arguing otherwise. Just pointing out that everyone involved has had a kind of disappointing year.

C'mon, every team in baseball would love to have Swanson and Blair, and Inciarte was coming off an injury. That trade was absurdly one-sided in favor of the Braves.

Sure, teams would like to have them if they didn't have to trade away anything from their big league starting team and only because of their potential. But as every team has seen, potential means nothing until you do it in the show and none of these three are anywhere near the show as of yet. I have seen bigger and brighter prospects fail utterly. And Shelby can still turn it 180 degrees too. See Jake Arrieta for example.

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure why they would deal him rather than try to fix him. They gave up a ton for him and he's optionable. If he comes cheap, I'd love us to take a crack at fixing him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Would love to have him, but the Diamondbacks are not going to sell low. They gave up their #3 prospect, a 5 WAR CF, and #1 draft pick for him.

No one wants Miller unless he can be had cheap. Even if he starts to perform well again teams will be wary of him. Arizona made some bonehead moves in the offseason and giving up what they did for Miller was the worst.

Not sure why they would deal him rather than try to fix him. They gave up a ton for him and he's optionable. If he comes cheap, I'd love us to take a crack at fixing him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah I'm in this boat! If he can be had for a couple of marginal guys why not. He's been terrible and if there is a chance they'd be willing to nontender him then go for it.

No one wants Miller unless he can be had cheap. Even if he starts to perform well again teams will be wary of him. Arizona made some bonehead moves in the offseason and giving up what they did for Miller was the worst.

Everyone here called it, oddly enough. I thought this move would work out well, obviously I was wrong. If we could get him for cheap and fix him, I'd be ok. We probably won't is the thing.

Everyone here called it, oddly enough. I thought this move would work out well, obviously I was wrong. If we could get him for cheap and fix him, I'd be ok. We probably won't is the thing.

We don't fix pitchers, we break them.

Archived