Good morning! Enjoy your Wednesday...

Moose Milligan

...cause it'll be the last day we're in first place.

Boston and Toronto are catching on while our lack of pitching and streaky hitting is catching up with us. Add to that the fact that we're pathetic on the road and there's a lot of more road games to be played, this is all adding up to a giant turd burger of a 2nd half.

Save for some miracle deal that'll land us a top flight starting pitcher, this thing is going down the tubes.

It's been a fun ride so far. Maybe we can get a Wild Card spot and surprise some unsuspecting team in the first round but I don't see how this team, as constructed, is finishing in first when Toronto and Boston have better teams.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Boston and Toronto are catching on while our lack of pitching and streaky hitting is catching up with us. Add to that the fact that we're pathetic on the road and there's a lot of more road games to be played, this is all adding up to a giant turd burger of a 2nd half.

Save for some miracle deal that'll land us a top flight starting pitcher, this thing is going down the tubes.

It's been a fun ride so far. Maybe we can get a Wild Card spot and surprise some unsuspecting team in the first round but I don't see how this team, as constructed, is finishing in first when Toronto and Boston have better teams.

Well gosh I hope it's not that bad.

You really think, top to bottom, that Toronto has a better team? I really don't see it that way.

The Red Sox? Maybe... But, not sure about that.

The Os are gonna make the playoffs. They're a top three team in the AL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's a bold statement...

BOS

TOR

CLE

TEX

HOU

KC

I think they are somewhere around the 5th/6th best team in the AL and fading fast with our horrendous SP.

Since the outcome is apparently a foregone conclusion, should I merely stop watching the season, or should I slit my wrists?

Honestly, I don't know how anyone who has been a baseball fan for more than one season can think they have any degree of certainty of how the rest of a season is going to go. It's a roller coaster, so enjoy the ride.

I think it was webbrick who said they'd be lucky to finish 72-90, during the spring. I, for one, am looking forward to a (at best) 19-51 run to end the season.

It's amazing how little something is and how big some people make it out to be. They are still just 2-3 on this stretch with no offense. As bad as the offense has been i will take that 2-3 they could easily be 0-5. We are still 6-4 in the last 10 Didn't you make this same post after the 2nd came of the red Sox series as well. Do you rethink it or just copy and paste.

Let's look at the top teams right now.

The Giants have lost 4 in a row to the Padres you know the same Padres that we took 3 of 4 from and people said well the Padres stink.

The best team since World War 1 it seemed the media was saying lost 15 out of 20.

The Rangers who lost 8 out of the last 10 and 13 out of last 17.

I think the bad record on the road is a reflection of the starting pitching. Pitching tends to be even worse away from home many times. But eventually we will get hot again and Boston and Toronto will have their slumps. Just comes down to getting one more quality starter.

I was really looking forward to us taking this series from the lowly Yankees. Then our bats went silent. :(

Watching the Yanks this year, I think Girardi is very over-rated. Sure he has some injuries and shotty starting pitching, but that bullpen is lights out. He only has to manage a 6 inning game and he is not even 500?

I actually expected the Sox to take over the lead coming out of the break and not because of how we played but they have a very nice early start to their schedule. If we can stay a game or so back I like our chances. You say we have lots more road games but so do the Sox. If we can stay close this next week or so they will be on the road most of the rest of the season. They will only have 22 home games left after this home stint and 41 road games.

Archived