Duquette on Hunter Harvey - "Looks like he's having TJ" (Surgery Scheduled)

McLovin

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hunter seems to be the pitching version of David "Glassman" Segui. Something is always wrong. Can't blame the Orioles at all. They were very careful. The kid is just fragile. I doubt we ever see him again.

It's TJ, not an amputation. It's unfortunate, and it's a long road back, but it's a road many are able to travel. See him in 2018.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's TJ, not an amputation. It's unfortunate, and it's a long road back, but it's a road many are able to travel. See him in 2018.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What I don't get is everyone craps on Harvey when the Bundy's have had the same story. It's not over yet, best of luck to him.

What I don't get is everyone craps on Harvey when the Bundy's have had the same story. It's not over yet, best of luck to him.

Well, Bundy made it all the way up through the system and even to the big league club in his first full season.

Harvey has yet to pitch below Low A ball. Not quite the same story, but they both have missed a lot of time to injury and will of had TJ.

There may more optimism on Harvey if he had made it up to Double A and dominated. A lot has to go right now for him to end up in Baltimore before the end of the decade.

Same story really. Both guys were hyped nationally. Both were coddled and given a ton of 3 inning starts. Both ended up needing TJ. It's just frustrating that Harvey is just now getting it after missing all of last season. Notice that Dr. Andrews isn't doing the surgery.

Plenty of good pitchers on this list.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_baseball_players_who_underwent_Tommy_John_surgery

I don't see how Harvey getting TJ says anything about the O's ability to develop pitchers. The O's policy on the cutter may be wrong, or there may be some other problem with the organization, but Harvey getting TJ is the least of our worries.

He will be delayed by a year but we still get him for six years of service time.

Well, Bundy made it all the way up through the system and even to the big league club in his first full season.

Harvey has yet to pitch below Low A ball. Not quite the same story, but they both have missed a lot of time to injury and will of had TJ.

There may more optimism on Harvey if he had made it up to Double A and dominated. A lot has to go right now for him to end up in Baltimore before the end of the decade.

Bundy didn't really earn the promotion in 2012. He was just the only warm body left on the 40 man roster to help the bullpen.

So the fact that he missed all of 2015 doesn't matter, right? But do we get a fourth option? I think so, but the rules are hard to follow.

Addition to 40 man roster is based on age and years since draft. The 4th option year is based on how many years of total service time between minor and major league. This is a pretty rare case and I don't think he would be eligible for the 4th option year. But that wouldnt be until 2021.

Archived