Tillman should be in Cy Young Conversation

accinfo

The Eck was the last AL RP to win the Cy Young. He had 51 saves and a 1.91 ERA. He K'd 93, walked 11 in 80 IP, with a WHIP of 0.913.

Zach is on pace for 70ish IP, 50ish saves, 80+ K's and his ERA and WHIP are microscopic. Absent a really dominant starter this year, I think Zach could have a realistic shot at the AL Cy Young award.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He's on pace to go 23-3. If he does that, I really won't care if he wins the Cy Young award or not. That would be awesome. I like winning.

True 20 game winners are pretty rare. If he keeps the ERA hovering around 3.00 and wins 20 more than he loses I think he can get it.

I think he needs to get the ERA under 3 and win 20 to be in the conversation. He's 10th in ERA right now. He needs to get in the top five my opinion, to have a shot. Chris Sale also has 14 wins and I'd bet on that ERA sinking below 3 by the end of the season.

There is no one standout pitcher having a ridiculous season numbers wise. Usually someone like Sale or King Felix separates themselves from the pack. I don't think the division or ballpark we play in is a huge difference maker for voters, just my assumption.

If the voters were worth a damn I think they wouldn't look at ERA at all, just ERA+. The ballpark matters!

Same with Davis and a lot of hitters. AL East is pretty much hitters parks and teams that live off the HR ball.

Yes, but you responded to a post that mentioned ERA+ in regards to what is a good measure of pitchers. Ballparks do matter and any pitcher with half his games at OPACY needs to be considered.

Tillman's ERA+ this year is a robust 141.

Yes, but you responded to a post that mentioned ERA+ in regards to what is a good measure of pitchers. Ballparks do matter and any pitcher with half his games at OPACY needs to be considered.

Tillman's ERA+ this year is a robust 141.

That's good. Is there a stat like ERA+ for hitters, or do we just track their numbers (Average, OBP, OPS) in certain ballparks?

Archived