Roe DFA - Ondrusek signed - Roe claimed by Atlanta

Yardball85

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Ondrusek last pitched in majors with Reds in 2014. Will wear No. 51. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/orioles?src=hash">#orioles</a></p>— Roch Kubatko (@masnRoch) <a href="

">July 29, 2016</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Ondrusek, 31, went 8-3, 2.17 ERA in 102 games with Yakult Swallows last 2 seasons, including 3-1, 2.45 ERA in 30 games this season <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/orioles?src=hash">#orioles</a></p>— Roch Kubatko (@masnRoch) <a href="

">July 29, 2016</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Part of me is okay with not going after SP with inflated price tags but the other part says without an upgrade there is not a chance at a WS. Oh, and to reply to the actual thread at hand...meh. Who cares?? We need starters.

Part of me is okay with not going after SP with inflated price tags but the other part says without an upgrade there is not a chance at a WS. Oh, and to reply to the actual thread at hand...meh. Who cares?? We need starters.

I used to think that the main path toward post season glory was having lots of starting pitching depth with 2-3 studs that you could ride through the playoffs. But now, I wonder if you can get by with a motley assortment of mostly mediocre starting pitchers, a strong bullpen, and an above average offense? We just need one or two guys to turn into studs, or to start being mediocre instead of DFA awful. That, plus a bullpen where every piece is good.

Archived