vs. BLUE JAYS, 7/30

OFFNY

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• If you pitch Bradish on 5 days rest you'd pitch Rodriguez on 3 days rest?
    • I think if you look at it draft by draft most years Elias did not have a chance to take a pitcher early. 2019 was Adley/Witt, 2020 everyone wanted Austin Martin SS over Kjerstad, 2021 it was Cowser or a few high school SS, and 2022 it was 5 position players at the top of the draft. I think Asa Lacy or Max Meyer were the only pitchers we could have possibly taken up until last year. 
    • Damn I wish I was that guy
    • Crochet had a monstrous game tonight. 7 IP 2 H 1 ER 2 BB 13 Ks I would love to have him even if it meant moving him to the bullpen for the final stretch but someone is gonna drastically overpay for him with top of rotation potential and 2x additional seasons of club control.    assuming it starts with Mayo, Kjerstad, Povich etc 
    • I would like to see the O's have more success drafting and developing their own pitchers under Elias.  But I must concede that so far Elias has an excellent track record of getting good young controllable pitching from other teams farm systems  (Bradish, Povich, McDermott, Cano) or the waiver wire (Suarez, Webb, Perez).   The development of these pitchers suggests that we have excellent coaching in the high minors and in the majors.  There's more than one way to skin a cat. At this point I don't see a need to trade farm system capital for a top-line starting pitcher like Luzardo.  If the season ended today I'd feel really good about going into a playoff series with Burnes, Rodriguez and Bradish as our big three starters.   I also see no point in getting Crochet midseason as he's not going to be able to carry a starters' load into October.  It's more likely that we trade for bullpen help now, and then address starting pitching in the offseason if Burnes moves on.   
    • I would rather trade for Kikuchi than Luzardo. His FB has gotten hammered pretty much every year besides 2022 and he gets very few whiffs on it. His slider and changeup are both really good but he throws them less than 50% of the time combined. He could probably improve just by throwing those pitches more but not sure how successful he can truly be with that FB.
  • Popular Contributors