vs. BLUE JAYS, 7/30

OFFNY

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It is just baseball. More important to get personal life together.

Just baseball? Baseball, particularly the Os are INCREDIBLY important to me. Often times, its the difference in me being in a great mood or a terrible mood.

I am not giving up but deep down I thought we have overachieved to this point. I do think Toronto is better than we are. This team has been pretty resilient.

I don't think they've been an overachiever. They are exactly what we thought they would be. Hit a ton of HR while striking out a ton. Bad starting pitching and a solid BP. That's exactly what they are. This team will go as far as their hitting. HR hitters have slumps. This team isn't firing on all cylinders.

Unfortunately, I think we're the 3rd best team in the division and will likely be in that ranking at year's end. That would give us a chance at an away wildcard game which doesn't bode well for this team that only wins at home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't think they've been an overachiever. They are exactly what we thought they would be. Hit a ton of HR while striking out a ton. Bad starting pitching and a solid BP. That's exactly what they are. This team will go as far as their hitting. HR hitters have slumps. This team isn't firing on all cylinders.

We were 18 games over 5 days ago with a poor rotation, that is all I am saying. I agree with you we are the style of team you said.

Unfortunately, I think we're the 3rd best team in the division and will likely be in that ranking at year's end. That would give us a chance at an away wildcard game which doesn't bode well for this team that only wins at home.

Team plays well in Boston.

We're undefeated in away WC games.

The bullpen was great when they had two key pieces in Bundy and Worley. The lack of starting pitching pulled two key pieces out of it. If you had big three with Worley, Bundy, Givens and a lefty it would be dominate. There missing two key pieces and offense is not giving them a chance to get to top 3.

If I had it my way, the Orioles would trade for a SP and LOOGY, put Gallardo in the bullpen, demote Givens and Despaigne to AAA and have Wilson pitching more high leverage innings in middle relief. Of course the club never does what makes the most logical sense. I won't be surprised if they keep Ubaldo in the rotation and demote Worley to the bullpen.

Archived