TT: Orioles' offense well positioned down stretch despite recent struggles

Tony-OH

I fully expect the offense to bounce back from its July slump, and adding Pearce to the mix should help.

Wieters has looked a little better lately. Last Wednesday, I was at the game and he had a possible homer than was ruled foul on a questionable call, a double in the gap, and a ball hit off the wall where he was thrown out trying to stretch it to a double. All three of those hits were crushed. And then he had a homer last night as a RHB.

Manny, to me, looks like he's been swinging for the fences lately. He needs to go back to his usual all-fields approach and the homers will follow.

The major issue with offense is that it does go in cycles. Players aren't machines. If a few are struggling at once, others will start pressing in situations that they might normally not be pressing. Especially the younger guys like Machado and Schoop. And it also makes aggressive hitters more aggressive...which is a recipe for failure because starters will take advantage of it.

Nice read Tony! I think that it's close to the time to start switching Alvarez and Davis in the lineup. It's a nice luxury to have.

At this point, you have to think the only thing saving Davis from riding the bench is his GG defense. He should be batting the lower 3rd of the lineup though.

At this point' date=' you have to think the only thing saving Davis from riding the bench is his GG defense. He should be batting the lower 3rd of the lineup though.[/quote']

Again, it would matter little if he did.

At this point' date=' you have to think the only thing saving Davis from riding the bench is his GG defense. [/b']He should be batting the lower 3rd of the lineup though.

I could just say the obvious, that it is his shiny new contract keeping him out on the field but it wouldn't be honest.

Did Buck bench him when he struggled in 2014?

It isn't Buck's style.

Again, it would matter little if he did.

If he is batting in the bottom 3rd of the order, it more than likely doesn't change how he bats but it changes the amount of bats he gets. I think it also sends him a message and hopefully would light a fire under him.

I could just say the obvious, that it is his shiny new contract keeping him out on the field but it wouldn't be honest.

Did Buck bench him when he struggled in 2014?

It isn't Buck's style.

I think he should be in the lineup due to his defense, but he should be moved down in the lineup.

Methinks the flu has slowed some guys. It can take awhile to fully recover. Offensive resurgence imminent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree 100%. Davis has just looked wiped-out from that mess. I had it back in February and it took me a solid month to feel normal again. As soon as I even thought about doing anything physical I would break out into a cold sweat. You can just tell by looking at Davis that he doesn't feel normal. He looks smaller and pale. One day he looked gray.

Archived