Hate Saying This, But It Is Looking Like The Orioles Could Be The Odd Team Out.

ORIOLE33

I was expecting another reference to them being mediocre.

More times than not Brach won't give up that homer and we have a very real chance to steal one. Still a whole lot of baseball to be played.

I'm not talking about results, I'm taking about behavior, they didn't seen to have the enthusiasm that they have had. They didn't look like they were having fun like they usually do.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's hard to disagree with the premise of this thread. Outside of a handful of games, the offense has been pathetic since the All-Star break.

Outside of Kim, Hardy, and Jones (can't believe I'm saying that!), this team has been a swing from your heels and hope you make contact operation.

I'm not talking about results, I'm taking about behavior, they didn't seen to have the enthusiasm that they have had. They didn't look like they were having fun like they usually do.

Speaking of not having fun, seems like Trumbo looks increasingly angry at the ump of late, especially on called low strikes. I like him, so I'm not dumping on him. Just an observation.

When you don't get a hit it hard to get up. However a team that is tired and defeated does not come back with 3 in the 7th and a good Schoop at bat away from getting more. Teams that are tired roll over and loose that game with no comeback.

When you don't get a hit it hard to get up. However a team that is tired and defeated does not come back with 3 in the 7th and a good Schoop at bat away from getting more. Teams that are tired roll over and loose that game with no comeback.

You can't survive on comebacks. They're exciting, but if they keep playing from behind, they'll lose more than they win.

We have 40 some odd games left with a favorable schedule. Toronto and Boston have been better on paper than us all season and we've kept right up with them, so I don't see a whole lot changing over the next month and a half. It will probably go down to the last week for the division and the Wild Card.

I'd watch the Tigers and M's, but those teams have to finish strong as well to keep us out of the playoffs.

We need to start hitting. If we can hit again we win. Plus Reimold probably needs to go. He had his hot streak in April and has a walk off HR and that's it since then. He's toast. This team needs a RH OF'er.

Rickard would be a huge upgrade over Reimold. At least Rickard hits left handed pitching and he is better defensively.

And yet we take 2 of 3 from the Giants who are a top 3 team in the NL. I agree though this team looks tired and uninspired. I blame a lack of roster flexibility to a certain extent. Teams can surge off of big come from behind wins, or not... but teams can also find more tum off a prospect that comeshe up and performs well (see Benintendi). It doesn't even have to be a prospect either it could be a hot hitting call up who fits in a provide value where the team would otherwise be slumping (look at 2012). But the Orioles lack that and so we are left with the ups and downs of an admittedly talented roster.

We have 40 some odd games left with a favorable schedule. Toronto and Boston have been better on paper than us all season and we've kept right up with them, so I don't see a whole lot changing over the next month and a half. It will probably go down to the last week for the division and the Wild Card.

I'd watch the Tigers and M's, but those teams have to finish strong as well to keep us out of the playoffs.

I largely agree, but am getting an uneasy feeling like the OP that we look like we may fade a bit. Not too badly, but I do struggle to see us beating out Toronto and Boston for the division and could foresee one of those teams putting a little space between us.

Put another way, I've really started closely watching those Mariners, Tigers, and even Astros scores (all three lost as well last night, which was nice).

I think the wildcard is where we are going to be. Not ideal, but better than our couch come October.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Right now, we're not playing better than anyone in this division. I could very well be wrong, but it seems that every time as of late when we play the Jays, Sox or even the Yanks, we always seem to lose the 1st game of the series and more times than not, have to win the final game just to salvage the series.

We seem to never beat the Jays. The Sox just seem more talented and the Yankees, even after a fire sale, is playing A LOT better than we are. Then you have teams in other divisions that are coming.

I'm officially worried about our chances to make the playoffs. You can't continue to rely on winning games in the 7th, 8th and 9th. I would like to see this team do a little more damage in the first 6 innings.

And start Kim against lefties.

Tied with the Bosox now. If they can win 2 of 3. Trying not to worry.

Seattle,Houston and the tigers all lost yesterday. The Orioles can put the Astros almost out of it, if they win 3 out of 4.The Orioles still have a really good shot of making the playoffs unless a total collapse.

I wouldn't count on that. Astros seem to always play well against us. The home game factor doesn't seem to be mattering too much with the offense right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived