Orioles playing .435 baseball since July 1st

Tony-OH

I worry that the "shelf life" of this team may be over. There isn't really any clear spot on the infield that they will upgrade, and the outfield is limited to right field. Adding a RF and a C will not be enough to improve this team. The pitching is a mess that we will have to watch next year as well.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I just hope Angelos doesn't do something stupid by firing DD and Buck.

I don't think there's a snowball's chance in hell that Angelos fires Buck.

Duquette I'm not entirely sure of considering he:

1. Tried to jump ship a few years into his contract. After winning the AL East.

2. Punted the 2015 season due to being courted by the Blue Jays

3. If...and this is an if...the O's continue to go into a complete tailspin...then it's going to be on Duquette to justify poor play with a $150-155m payroll.

I'm not giving up hope, we area in still right in the thick of it, but will be the first to say that there is not a lot of objective reasons to think it will turn around. I don't think the team is as bad as its played lately, I doubt they are as good as they have played at points this season either.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

I don't think there's a snowball's chance in hell that Angelos fires Buck.

Duquette I'm not entirely sure of considering he:

1. Tried to jump ship a few years into his contract. After winning the AL East.

2. Punted the 2015 season due to being courted by the Blue Jays

3. If...and this is an if...the O's continue to go into a complete tailspin...then it's going to be on Duquette to justify poor play with a $150-155m payroll.

This is a good point. To me the biggest indictment of Duquette is his failure in building a decent rotation. He has $33M committed next year in 3 pitchers next season who are currently the #4, #5, and demoted long-reliever in a bad rotation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They are who I thought they were. I just don't see the need to post that 20 times a day. The last time I thought they were real contenders was game 2 of the 2014 ALCS. Sure, there's probably a heart-inspired post or two where I hoped for the best and was encouraged by a hot streak. Still, DD has assembled a frustrating roster and lost my support for him along the way. I love Buck but I wish Dan would go.

I said a few weeks ago, we miss playoffs and Duquette is gone. There is a lot of talent sitting out there in the likes of Cherrington, Hoyer etc. Toronto just let some key executives go. THese are people who know how to build productive systems that lead to long term success that an earlier poster alluded to.

Any GM will have to be able to work with Buck and work under PA's limitations. I don't think he micromanages but he is set in his ways.

Want to know why you don't feel good about this team? The Orioles are now 20-26 (.435) since July 1st. They are 4-8 against AL East teams over the same period. This is not a slump.

That's a large sample size ........ more than 1/4 of the season.

The Orioles need to win one game.

The Astros had lost 4 straight entering their 4-game series with the Orioles. They lost the opener on Thursday to extend their skid to 5 games. They were behind by a score of 5-1 after one inning on Friday, in danger of seeing their losing streak extened to 6 games ....... but one plate appearance at a time, one inning at a time, they came back to win that game. Then they won again on Saturday, and again on Sunday. Now the Astros are riding a 3-game winning streak heading into their series with the Pirates.

The Orioles need to win one game, just like the Astros did on Friday ........ that's where it starts.

We are only 2.5 games back in the division and hold the 2nd wild card. Very disheartening week, but the team hasn't given up any why should we?

Both Davis and Trumbo look like they're starting to heat up and Manny is due to go on an MVP level tear. The pitching has flashed quality at times and will again.

We are only 2.5 games back in the division and hold the 2nd wild card. Very disheartening week, but the team hasn't given up any why should we?

Both Davis and Trumbo look like they're starting to heat up and Manny is due to go on an MVP level tear. The pitching has flashed quality at times and will again.

Trumbo is batting .167 in his last seven games. He does have four hits ,all homers. He is walking more which might be a good sign.5 walks in last seven games. Only had eight in his last 30.

Want to know why you don't feel good about this team? The Orioles are now 20-26 (.435) since July 1st. They are 4-8 against AL East teams over the same period. This is not a slump.

The Astros had lost 4 straight entering their 4-game series with the Orioles. They lost the opener on Thursday to extend their skid to 5 games. They were behind by a score of 5-1 after one inning on Friday, in danger of seeing their losing streak extened to 6 games ....... but one plate appearance at a time, one inning at a time, they came back to win that game. Then they won again on Saturday, and again on Sunday. Now the Astros are riding a 3-game winning streak heading into their series with the Pirates.

The Orioles need to win one game, just like the Astros did on Friday ........ that's where it starts.

There's the win.

Just like the Astros, who stopped their 5-game losing streak with a win on Friday.

One game at a time, one inning at a time, one plate appearance at a time.

There's the win.

Just like the Astros, who stopped their 5-game losing streak with a win on Friday.

One game at a time, one inning at a time, one plate appearance at a time.

There's another win. Just take 'em one at a time.

Also ........ the Orioles are playing 1.000 baseball since Tony-OH started this thread.

Archived