The Curious Case of Tyler McFarland & Nolan Reimold

Rene88

My main point is he has failed miserably to assemble a competent starting staff despite the payroll to do it. I do not question he's done a good job with depth (AM was atrocious with depth) and a handful of moves.

But I am pretty sure trading a possible HOFer (Arrietta) clouds the Kim or Trumbo move. Plus, we all know Dan will get cute and let Trumbo walk like an idiot.

Don't see how you expect to have any credibility after calling Arrieta "a possible HOFer" and what possible relation is there between trading him away and the merits of acquiring Kim and Trumbo? How is their stellar performance somehow "clouded" by the Arrieta trade? Do you look at the Mets pitching staff and see 5 or 6 potential HOFers? If you do, OK I see now how meaningless your criteria are. And do you think Arrieta would have performed well if the Orioles had held onto him despite an ERA that was increasing more than a run each season? That's like complaining that the O's didn't hold on to Werth or Bautista or Justin Turner.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Don't see how you expect to have any credibility after calling Arrieta "a possible HOFer" and what possible relation is there between trading him away and the merits of acquiring Kim and Trumbo? How is their stellar performance somehow "clouded" by the Arrieta trade? Do you look at the Mets pitching staff and see 5 or 6 potential HOFers? If you do, OK I see now how meaningless your criteria are. And do you think Arrieta would have performed well if the Orioles had held onto him despite an ERA that was increasing more than a run each season? That's like complaining that the O's didn't hold on to Werth or Bautista or Justin Turner.

I'm sure Drungo could come up with a list but I can't think there are many HoF pitchers that break out at 28-29.

Since you asked me to put you on /ignore I can truthfully say that yes, I've missed a great deal of it. :P

Only reason I read your posts now is that you posted right after me.

Fair enough. I only have the following on ignore, but the list is growing daily....

Crazysilver (took his time to pm me insults, classy)

Drungo

Cimota

El Gordo

Might be missing one...

No other board do I need to do this:) Now that's funny.

And that he had been doing so well in the minors.....not! But Chad Roe who we DFA'ed has pitched 8 scorelss innings for the Braves.

Duquette is the smartest man in the room.

Why he signed some guy from Japan with severe attitude problems in Ondrusek and ditched a likeable effective piece in Roe.

This isn't a vacuum. There are big problems evaluating pitchers with this organization.

Fair enough. I only have the following on ignore, but the list is growing daily....

Drungo

Cimota

El Gordo

Might be missing one...

I only did it because you asked.

Honestly I was surprised you asked me to rather than just put me on /ignore.

Why he signed some guy from Japan with severe attitude problems in Ondrusek and ditched a likeable effective piece in Roe.

This isn't a vacuum. There are big problems evaluating pitchers with this organization.

I can't explain Ondrusek but ditching Roe was due to the lack of optionable pitchers in the bullpen.

Which is something he should have handled in the offseason.

But according to Corn it doesn't matter because he was the 24th/25th man...

I can't explain Ondrusek but ditching Roe was due to the lack of optionable pitchers in the bullpen.

Which is something he should have handled in the offseason.

I would say the last two offseasons (at least).

Been on record I thought he should have been transitioned out of the role some time ago...but at the OH love him here or they just get tired of hearing people complain about him, boo hoo. A board of bullies that are always right retroactively, but never willing to go against the board anthem. Courage behind the keyboard.

DD is not a bad GM, but he has been so bad with our starting pitching that literally the opposite move would have been better in most cases. He has been a disaster there.

Are you ready for next offseason with Ubaldo AND Gallardo on the books? And down 2 first round picks and no Davies? Not even mentioning Jake Arrietta (I know, tired of hearing this...but he traded him)...

So yes he has made some good moves for depth and the Trumbo move was killer, but you don't get to keep your job for one good move out of 5. This board is the only board that continually makes excuses for him. It's a joke.

You continually bash him. Is DD to blame for the 14 years of losing? What you and others fail to understand is that the owner is the main problem. Now matter who the GM is they won't work in Baltimore.

Drungo

Cimota

El Gordo

Might be missing one...

Rene88 must think the world revolves around him. No one cares who you claim to have on your ignore list.

My main point is he has failed miserably to assemble a competent starting staff despite the payroll to do it. I do not question he's done a good job with depth (AM was atrocious with depth) and a handful of moves.

But I am pretty sure trading a possible HOFer (Arrietta) clouds the Kim or Trumbo move. Plus, we all know Dan will get cute and let Trumbo walk like an idiot.

How is it "cute" to let Trumbo walk? He had a monster first half but has been nonexistent since. And will want much more.money than he is worth. In a spot we might be able to fill in house. It is ironically a move you would probably complain about this time next year.

Archived