Will the fans show?

Todd-O

If you can believe this Team Marketing report ,16 teams have lower ticket prices on average then the Orioles. I don't believe it since it lists getting a hot dog and a soda at an Oriole game is $1.50 . That messes up the TCI,since that is based on four drinks and four hot dogs. Also ,I have been to Cincinnati and didn't see a $1.00 dog or soft drink. Maybe for kids but who knows

https://www.teammarketing.com/public/uploadedPDFs/MLB-FCI-2016.pdf

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Have to wonder why some of the season plan holders aren't exchanging tickets for better games instead of taking a bath selling way below face value on stub hub?

Some people I know want to just get rid of their tickets and still have games to attend this year. Not many games left and they just want to get rid of them. Not like people are rushing to the stadium and clamoring for tickets based on the Jays series.Also, if you want to exchange the ticket for a Yankee series on the weekend it is almost double. So you would have to pay extra . My ticket for the Astros was $34.00 and for the Yankees is $62.00.

Some people I know want to just get rid of their tickets and still have games to attend this year. Not many games left and they just want to get rid of them. Not like people are rushing to the stadium and clamoring for tickets based on the Jays series.Also, if you want to exchange the ticket for a Yankee series on the weekend it is almost double. So you would have to pay extra . My ticket for the Astros was $34.00 and for the Yankees is $62.00.

I understand but in theory they could take a game like tonight and exchange it for a classic game on a Friday vs Tampa or Arizona and have a better chance of getting money back. I don't care, it isn't my money just what I would do.

If you can believe this Team Marketing report ,16 teams have lower ticket prices on average then the Orioles. I don't believe it since it lists getting a hot dog and a soda at an Oriole game is $1.50 . That messes up the TCI,since that is based on four drinks and four hot dogs. Also ,I have been to Cincinnati and didn't see a $1.00 dog or soft drink. Maybe for kids but who knows

I take my own drinks but where are the $1.50 sodas sold? And 1.50 hot dogs?

The Orioles don't advertise this very well, but if you go to the concession stand in the 300 level upper deck out in the left field, they sell "kid's hot dogs" for $1.50 each, every game. The hot dog is a bit smaller, but you definitely get a lot more bang for your buck vs. the $5 regular hot dog.

The Orioles don't advertise this very well, but if you go to the concession stand in the 300 level upper deck out in the left field, they sell "kid's hot dogs" for $1.50 each, every game. The hot dog is a bit smaller, but you definitely get a lot more bang for your buck vs. the $5 regular hot dog.

I know they sell cheap sodas and hot dogs for dugout club games. Didn't know that. How many people sitting in the lower levels are walking up there to take advantage of it? I doubt very many.

They are also available in the lower level at the concession stand near the kids play area down the first base line. I didn't realize they aren't sold everywhere because (1) we usually are in the picnic perch, (2) that's where I bought it before, and (3) I went to buy one last night at a stand near our seats and they didn't have them. (Also, why is it so hard to get chicken fingers and a hot dog at the same concession stand?)

They are also available in the lower level at the concession stand near the kids play area down the first base line. I didn't realize they aren't sold everywhere because (1) we usually are in the picnic perch, (2) that's where I bought it before, and (3) I went to buy one last night at a stand near our seats and they didn't have them. (Also, why is it so hard to get chicken fingers and a hot dog at the same concession stand?)

They used to have a kids corner near my seats but they must have moved it. Back then it was $1.00 for a hot dog and also a soda. Also had to walk uphill both ways to school and it was always snowing ,even in June.

You could buy bleacher seats and sit where ever you want right now. It's pretty pathetic. Dont expect the Os to pay 500$ million for Manny when no one shows up to games during a pennant race. When I lived in Southern PA, I made it to 20 games a year during the sold out years.

It also says they have kids nachos. Not at all stands.

Kids Hot Dog*

Kids Soda*

Kids Nacho

looks like only the Das Sausage Haus has both.Also mentions only a jumbo dog. might be a little more expensive.

http://baltimore.orioles.mlb.com/ballparks/stadium_maps.jsp?c_id=bal

It also says they have kids nachos. Not at all stands.

Kids Hot Dog*

Kids Soda*

Kids Nacho

looks like only the Das Sausage Haus has both.Also mentions only a jumbo dog. might be a little more expensive.

http://baltimore.orioles.mlb.com/ballparks/stadium_maps.jsp?c_id=bal

Interesting. I've never seen kids nachos. I wonder where those are. This is a helpful site. I guess if I wanted to drag my four-year-old all around the park, there would have been a lot of food options.

Yeah it's so unrealistic to, in a time of rapid technological growth, expect people to be computer-literate and use the Internet. Catering to the stubborn "back in my day" crowd is definitely the way to go.

It does seem like a strange choice to drive people toward buying tickets online through the resale market rather than directly from the team. The team would make more money if they were purchased directly.

It does seem like a strange choice to drive people toward buying tickets online through the resale market rather than directly from the team. The team would make more money if they were purchased directly.

Not sure how much the deal between Stubhub and MLB is worth. The Orioles list Stubhub under tickets.

http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/8732189/major-league-baseball-stubhub-renew-secondary-ticket-market-deal

Yeah it's so unrealistic to, in a time of rapid technological growth, expect people to be computer-literate and use the Internet. Catering to the stubborn "back in my day" crowd is definitely the way to go.

Don't let your youth bias you. As a business they should cater to their key demographics. Approximately half of fans are in the 55 or older crowd. The super youth that are fully integrated with technologies are one of the weakest demographics.

Archived