Will the fans show?

Todd-O

I think they can be profitable without having to spend less. I think they should focus on maximizing revenue before cutting expenses. Cutting payroll seems likely to be shortsighted.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I can't see another answer from the lack of attendance myself. I doubt they will.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I can

t see another answer from the lack of attendance myself.

Maybe look at the team 40 miles to the south and how they market. They have a big lead in the division, higher attendance, and still run specials and promotions to fill the seats. Name one thing the Orioles have done to boost attendance this year? All they've done is whine.

Maybe look at the team 40 miles to the south and how they market. They have a big lead in the division, higher attendance, and still run specials and promotions to fill the seats. Name one thing the Orioles have done to boost attendance this year? All they've done is whine.

I'd say that is because of the affluent people from around that area. Wouldn't you?

The Orioles supposedly made 52 million in gate receipts last year.Tickets increased 20%,really more because of less classic games.So let's say they made an extra 10 million. If attendance is down 200,000 and ticket average is $30.00.That comes to 6 million. Wouldn't they still make a little more then last year in gate receipts or at best break about the same as last year.

Looks like the Orioles have sold more advance tickets for the Rays weekend then the Yankees. Not including Thursday. Friday and Saturday are giveaways. Sunday is the last Dugout Club. Sunday looks like a really good crowd. Friday is not bad either.

I think that says a lot.

Headlines like this probably don't help. If you aren't familiar with the city or don't read the article, it just sounds like it's dangerous to head downtown. One of the shootings was only about a half-mile north of the stadium, but most of them were nowhere near that part of town.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/crime/bs-md-ci-weekend-shootings-20160905-story.html

Archived