Which Prospect(s) Would You Be Excited To Take At Pick #4?

Which prospect(s) would you be excited to take at pick #4?  

246 members have voted

1. 1. Which prospect(s) would you be excited to take at pick #4?

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Are you really claiming that Cliff Floyd has speed and Russell Martin doesn't?

"Had", not "has" speed.

Obviously I'm not talking about today's Cliff Floyd. When he was drafted in the first round (14th overall)by the Expos in 1991 he had ridiculous speed.

We are talking about players when they are drafted? This is the "amateur draft" section of the board? ;)

Coming out of HS, Floyd "had" the complete package and was being compared to Andre Dawson and Larry Walker.

If we're talking about today, I think you and I could beat him down the line.

"Had", not "has" speed.

Obviously I'm not talking about today's Cliff Floyd. When he was drafted in the first round (14th overall)by the Expos in 1991 he had ridiculous speed.

We are talking about players when they are drafted? This is the "amateur draft" section of the board? ;)

Coming out of HS, Floyd "had" the complete package and was being compared to Andre Dawson and Larry Walker.

If we're talking about today, I think you and I could beat him down the line.

OK, fair enough. But I still think you are underestimating Martin's speed. He's not Alan Wiggins but he steals 15-20 a year. That's got to count for something.

OK, fair enough. But I still think you are underestimating Martin's speed. He's not Alan Wiggins but he steals 15-20 a year. That's got to count for something.

Don't get me wrong, I love Russell Martin. Living here in the LA area, I have the opportunity to watch Martin quite often. Is he as fast as Juan Pierre or Rafael Furcal? Not even close.

Martin is a very smart baserunner, but let's remember we are talking about 5 tool players.

Martin is an above average runner for a catcher, but to say he's a 60 tool runner would be wrong. Also, I would argue that his power is above average, but not a "plus" tool.

Archived