vs. RAYS 9/18

weams

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's pretty close either way.

To me you don't bunt there since a bunt is far from an assured outcome.

I'd have pinch hit Wieters and put Pena in as a DR.

How much has Pena caught Britton?

At all? ever?

Maybe you don't want your best in the world closer throwing to a new receiver for the first time in a critical situation.

And that's no disrespect to Pena's talent. I liken it to a kicker suddenly having a new holder he's never worked with. I don't care how good the holder is, I would try to avoid that situation on a game winning field goal try if at all possible.

How much has Pena caught Britton?

At all? ever?

Maybe you don't want your best in the world closer throwing to a new receiver for the first time in a critical situation.

And that's no disrespect to Pena's talent. I liken it to a kicker suddenly having a new holder he's never worked with. I don't care how good the holder is, I would try to avoid that situation on a game winning field goal try if at all possible.

You are right, maybe Pena wouldn't be able to get down in front of one of Britton's sinkers and let a baserunner advance a base. ;)

How hard is it to catch Britton? He throws one pitch ~90% of the time.

You are right, maybe Pena wouldn't be able to get down in front of one of Britton's sinkers and let a baserunner advance a base. ;)

How hard is it to catch Britton? He throws one pitch ~90% of the time.

Like I said, it wasn't necessarily about Pena's talent vs Caleb's, as much as Britton maybe being pushed out of his comfort zone a bit by throwing to someone he never had before in a tight game.

Archived