Buster Posey a draft possibility?

Cool, thanks, it's easy to find hitting stats, it's tough to find intangibles. :)

Still think the Rays should take him, value for the dollar, I think he's worth them taking.

His intangibles are off the chart.

His high IQ is not just limited to baseball. Posey accumulated a 3.938 GPA and was ranked fourth in his class of 302 students at Lee County High School. In college, he made the All-ACC Academic Team (2006 & 2007)...two-time member ACC Academic Honor Roll (2005-06, 2006-07)...President's List Spring 2007 (4.0 GPA)...Dean's List (Fall 2005, Fall 2007)... and majors is finance.

I've also read he saved a young child from a burning building and served in the Peace Corps at the age of 9. :laughlol: (still trying to get back up on those items)

I was just wondering, if Posey's defense at SS is equal to Gordon Beckham's, would you consider him over Beckham?

This morning on ESPN's First Take, they showed some clips of Posey, and he looks decently athletic, enough to handle SS and 2B IMO. But I have no idea how he is defensively at those spots.

He's got a good bat, and he's quite versatile.

I was just wondering, if Posey's defense at SS is equal to Gordon Beckham's, would you consider him over Beckham?

This morning on ESPN's First Take, they showed some clips of Posey, and he looks decently athletic, enough to handle SS and 2B IMO. But I have no idea how he is defensively at those spots.

He's got a good bat, and he's quite versatile.

Discussed here:

http://forum.orioleshangout.com/forums/showthread.php?t=63382

Tony posted something about reduntant threads in the "minor league" section. This clearly qualifies as such. Is it necessary to have another Buster Posey thread every few hours?

Hopefully the powers that be could open a thread entitled:

"Everything you wanted to know about Buster Posey and more..."

That way EVERYTHING about Buster Posey can be put in one thread.

His intangibles are off the chart.

His high IQ is not just limited to baseball. Posey accumulated a 3.938 GPA and was ranked fourth in his class of 302 students at Lee County High School. In college, he made the All-ACC Academic Team (2006 & 2007)...two-time member ACC Academic Honor Roll (2005-06, 2006-07)...President's List Spring 2007 (4.0 GPA)...Dean's List (Fall 2005, Fall 2007)... and majors is finance.

I've also read he saved a young child from a burning building and served in the Peace Corps at the age of 9. :laughlol: (still trying to get back up on those items)

Does he have a working cure for cancer in trials too? SHEESH!!

Seriously, I kinda hope the Rays take him #1, not only can I see the need, but I think he would give them an interesting dynamic that would make them a dynasty in the making...and if they will beat up on the Yanks and Sox until we are ready to compete, then AWESOME.

Does he have a working cure for cancer in trials too? SHEESH!!

Seriously, I kinda hope the Rays take him #1, not only can I see the need, but I think he would give them an interesting dynamic that would make them a dynasty in the making...and if they will beat up on the Yanks and Sox until we are ready to compete, then AWESOME.

Posey is certainly a high character kid who will be a great asset to any organization regardless of what position he winds up playing. He's a guy who loves to play the game and makes the most of his God-given talent.

Archived