Mancini >> Sanchez

Jagwar

Davis is a good glove guy and his arm would be tremendous in the outfield. This would eliminate the need for at least one corner outfielder. Sign a high OBP guy with speed for left field and the lineup is good to go. Where would we be right now if Buck would have given Mancini a shot in September instead of trotting out the anemic Nolan Reimold?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm hopeful we see Davis at first, Mancini as platoon DH and a real right fielder.

Yes. If we have learned anything this year it is that we should not pay for 3 DH/1Bs and try to get away with one of them in RF. If you want to get the most out of your talent, you need a real RF and Davis is not that.

Davis is a good glove guy and his arm would be tremendous in the outfield. This would eliminate the need for at least one corner outfielder. Sign a high OBP guy with speed for left field and the lineup is good to go. Where would we be right now if Buck would have given Mancini a shot in September instead of trotting out the anemic Nolan Reimold?

The same Reimold that has had all of 11 at bats in September? One of which resulted in a HR?

I'm guessing they would be in the exact same place.

Yes. If we have learned anything this year it is that we should not pay for 3 DH/1Bs and try to get away with one of them in RF. If you want to get the most out of your talent, you need a real RF and Davis is not that.

Not sure how much would have changed in those 9 ABs and 4-2 record.

Sorry, quoted wrong post.

Not sure how much would have changed in those 9 ABs and 4-2 record.

You ask questions to stir a pot so to answer I will use a ladle.

What makes you so sure that Mark Trumbo is/will/would be better at First Base than has been Chris Davis??

I wasn't stirring anything. You used the term established. I am wondering what makes him, in your mind, established.

I think it is a very fair question.

As for your question, my recollection of the metrics I looked at when Trumbo was acquired showed that he looked to be at least as good as Davis at first. Yes, defensive metrics at first are kinda sketchy, but they jibe with what little I have seen of Trumbo at first.

I wasn't stirring anything. You used the term established. I am wondering what makes him, in your mind, established.

I think it is a very fair question.

As for your question, my recollection of the metrics I looked at when Trumbo was acquired showed that he looked to be at least as good as Davis at first. Yes, defensive metrics at first are kinda sketchy, but they jibe with what little I have seen of Trumbo at first.

This year for Chris Davis:

Third in UZR (All Of MLB)

Fourth in RF/9 innings in AL

First in R/F per Game in AL

First in BIS Defensive Runs Saved

Trumbo would have had to go some to be better IMO. That make him "ESTABLISHED" IMO.

This year for Chris Davis:

Third in UZR (All Of MLB)

Fourth in RF/9 innings in AL

First in R/F per Game in AL

First in BIS Defensive Runs Saved

Trumbo would have had to go some to be better IMO. That make him "ESTABLISHED" IMO.

There you go.

Nice work.

I wouldn't rely on a single season but if you would like to go right ahead.

Archived