Scheppers has a stress fracture in is Shoulder

It'll be interesting to see just how far he falls, if at all. Baseball doesn't draft for the here and now, they draft for the future, so I personally wouldn't let it affect my decision making that much if I were a GM. I would thoroughly investigate it though.

I don't know how you can take someone with this health issue in the first round, but we'll see. Usually this type of guy is the second pick of a team in the supplemental first or second round - though the NYY have no issues with high-ceiling injury guys.

I don't know how you can take someone with this health issue in the first round, but we'll see. Usually this type of guy is the second pick of a team in the supplemental first or second round - though the NYY have no issues with high-ceiling injury guys.

He'll get taken in the late teens or early 20s. He is a good talent. Someone will take a chance on him.

Chamberlain dropped to 41 because teams had concerns about his health. If Sheppers drops til the second, although doubtful, the O's should jump all over that.

It'd be pretty hilarious if the draft falls in such a way that the O's ended up with Matusz and Sheppers in the first two rounds. I can't say I'd complain.

Archived