Pearce/Joyce RF/DH platoon; Alex Avila catching platoon with Joseph

Obando

I like the OP's idea and think it's realistic. I could see

RF: Joyce/Pearce

LF: Kim/Rickard

DH: Alvarez/Mancini

I would not be surprised if we just went with Bourn over Joyce. Cheaper and better defender. Plus he's already been here. Could be a pretty boring offseason, but that might not be a bad thing. I just remember in 2015 when DD tried to fill spots with platoons and it backfired. Even to the point of us having to trade Davies for Parra.

In the long run it might just be better for us to shell the money out to keep Trumbo rather than pay Pearce and another guy, 8-10 million to platoon in RF.

I think that's too many platoons. You can platoon in two spots, not three in my opinion. To carry three platoons, you need a five man bench since none of those options listed can play 2B (unless you count Pearce), SS or catcher.

I think if you want to go with those options, you better pray Kim can hit lefties and go with him everyday in LF, use your RF platoon and DH platoon, send Rickard to the minors for injury insurance and then go with Joseph/Pena on the bench at C and Flaherty (or a Flaherty replacement) as your utility infielder.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

IMO Flaherty is not worth his tender this time around. They should just bring back the other failed SS prospect that has been on and off the roster the last few years.

I've said it before on others threads and I'm saying it here. I don't understand the Steve Pearce love.

IMO Flaherty is not worth his tender this time around. They should just bring back the other failed SS prospect that has been on and off the roster the last few years.

I've said it before on others threads and I'm saying it here. I don't understand the Steve Pearce love.

Pearce when healthy is a versatile productive player.

Archived