Poor Decision Making

Roll Tide

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
One would hope

They have tried to keep their core players.

Cakes got too big a contract from the Braves and I dont count Cruz. He was a cheap 1 year rental that Seattle overpaid.

We shall see what happens with Matt. McCain going to Houston and Castro being looked at by the Braves, are two places Matt might have gone to.

I've maintained this off season that the Orioles should trade Britton because I don't think he'll have another year as good as 2016. They can get a TON for him based on what the Chapman and Miller trades brought the Yankees.

And they can do that in a non rebuilding mode. If the Marlins get Jensen, look out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've maintained this off season that the Orioles should trade Britton because I don't think he'll have another year as good as 2016. They can get a TON for him based on what the Chapman and Miller trades brought the Yankees.

You're right even if he does his value is less as the year of contro is gpne

Depends on the terms of the contract.

Surplus of SP around the league is pretty slim.

I think Tilly with supporting cast of Bundy and Gausman, should be a good trio to lead this team into battle next season.

Sure, obviously a price point exists where I would be in favor of extending him.

But I think he is going to get paid well beyond the point I would be comfortable at.

I wasn't speaking of next season in any event.

They have tried to keep their core players.

Cakes got too big a contract from the Braves and I dont count Cruz. He was a cheap 1 year rental that Seattle overpaid.

We shall see what happens with Matt. McCain going to Houston and Castro being looked at by the Braves, are two places Matt might have gone to.

We got a deal on Trumbo but Cruz has been worth every penny that Seattle has paid him.

I think you can find many threads and hundreds of posts from each of the past five offseasons saying the same thing. And that's why I have a fair amount of respect for the Duquette/Showalter combo. Five consecutive years where the national consensus was that the Orioles were a .500 or worse team, and five consecutive years where they finished .500 or better.

Exactly. What Dan and Buck both know is putting together a winning team in the real world in which they operate. Fantasy games and pundits and national experts and us OH prognosticators are all fine and dandy, but Dan and Buck use a very different calculus in putting their team together and managing it through a season. I, for one, am very grateful for the ride and I believe they will continue to surprise the "experts" and some of us on the OH who, each winter, are convinced that this ship is going off the rails, for sure.

10 WAR in the first 2 seasons. That would be a great deal for Seattle even if he didn't play another game.

And I said this before we chose not to resign Nelson Cruz, that he will likely have another 10 WAR over the last two years of that deal. He is Ortiz from the right hand batter's box (and maybe from the same pharmaceutical spectrum, lol.)

And I said this before we chose not to resign Nelson Cruz, that he will likely have another 10 WAR over the last two years of that deal. He is Ortiz from the right hand batter's box (and maybe from the same pharmaceutical spectrum, lol.)

I was right there with you tnt. Water under the bridge now. We can only hope Mancini approaches what Cruz and Trumbo did from a RH power perspective.

Archived