Look What I Found in My Mom's Closet

Aristotelian

Lost in the shuffle 15+ years ago when my mom moved from our old house. Just found it today in a box of old trophies in the back of a closet. This was from '82 or '83 (pretty sure '82). My dad had written a letter to Edward Bennet Williams the previous season because the players did not give autographs on the final game of the season. He wrote back and said we could come on the field to get autographs from the whole team. The ball is signed by Cal, Eddie, Earl, Dempsey, Terry Crowley (my favorite player at the time), Flanagan, Singleton...and Brooks Robinson, who was doing TV outside the dugout.

My dad got sick shortly after that and did not get to see the O's win the Series in '83. I can't put into words how immensely important this little ball is to me. I thought the OH would appreciate this. Happy Holidays!

QxujoH20q9tjsjAir-7a56sCQ95p3aR-dCmjiekj9Py30hXqb0xjqUW_3_ZL8mRI_4e9bux9nL8RhjFqlV_E0J_AxJepWskJbmOA6nnyA2EEXMWKroumtQZv1S6ab7H2qq-Id4RI0CmhqAIknsTrVwPHF8SXV1LucyrfX4Do2C2DDYosX2REc71-i36qLqvn5idHMXWwdu_9kzDqWDYAumhMA5C_y1l3ZaI32x5YrZ77OtwklgROnwmO4J38NNjxn6DjdBhcvfahKnoEvBctHgK9NAgpQNuPG5oOEpOrw44RCYkJgWYvuI98bs_FXQtgLiaX7R5NSgzGUoKjDSGHDsFDM7CArVEf9IpbNaIS0Kd99j-ZqAR7jDbZOjmhuEom021KAPMqpM-0zH6r8GRSTVnw_QPSNuBPuH251qy00XwPsuL16xGoF_n1z6UroSzcBx5oE21gsn-neF3ABQ0o08t2XpEiTOpy1ZG8KkUW8k4YoTnnTShbv2K5o21ZUXdlYdO4QdMUkjZ9_PLj3QkfHbiZiMR3uh5JmtNNWID6LDP0_SZwQnBOOmXV2pzUfnDOSENtWAyDxucyTGsGiwqHq2Sv4_KvYQS3oxz1qsEAazK4GMF6=w660-h880-no

Sounds like a great find!  Those teams were my bread and butter back then.  I was a big Ken Singleton fan.  I have to ask - did you post a photo?  Because I did not see one in the post, and in light of the new board configuration, just wondering if my OS X isn't picking it up?

4 hours ago, jjnono said:

Sounds like a great find!  Those teams were my bread and butter back then.  I was a big Ken Singleton fan.  I have to ask - did you post a photo?  Because I did not see one in the post, and in light of the new board configuration, just wondering if my OS X isn't picking it up?

No picture for me either. I am using chrome on a windows 8 laptop.

On 11/24/2016 at 0:01 PM, jjnono said:

Weird. The picture is showing for me, in Chrome and Firefox.

Archived