Trade Idea - White Sox (Go Big or Go Home)

wildbillhiccup

2 minutes ago, MDtransplant757 said:

I think we have a very good shot on keeping Machado. It's keeping Tillman and Britton that I wonder about

I think we'll keep him. I'd be okay with letting Tillman walk. I think if we trade anyone that is a jaw-dropper, it should be Britton. Trading him now could get us a nice package...we could easily put Givens in the closer role.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, markakis8 said:

I think we'll keep him. I'd be okay with letting Tillman walk. I think if we trade anyone that is a jaw-dropper, it should be Britton. Trading him now could get us a nice package...we could easily put Givens in the closer role.

I think Brach deserves it more, honestly. I think the BP chain of command would move up, except with O'day as the set up man and Drake in if O'day gets hurt

1 minute ago, MDtransplant757 said:

I think Brach deserves it more, honestly. I think the BP chain of command would move up, except with O'day as the set up man and Drake in if O'day gets hurt

Brach would be a great choice as well, although he tired out late. I think trading Britton would be ideal right now. We could really take advantage of a team like the Astros who are in win now mode and have a great farm. I could see us getting Martes, Derek Fisher, and a couple upside single A prospects for Britton and maybe a solid MLB ready player.

1 minute ago, markakis8 said:

Brach would be a great choice as well, although he tired out late. I think trading Britton would be ideal right now. We could really take advantage of a team like the Astros who are in win now mode and have a great farm. I could see us getting Martes, Derek Fisher, and a couple upside single A prospects for Britton and maybe a solid MLB ready player.

It will be interesting to see what the O's do. 

15 hours ago, markakis8 said:

Brach's knee was barking as the season progressed. He had it cleaned up after the season.

20 hours ago, markakis8 said:

Machado is the type of player that you do not need to trade until the last possible second if you cannot resign him. Meaning, you aren't going to get MORE value (at least not enough to make it worth giving up an extra year under control) out of him simply b/c he has an extra year of control or w/e.

I think we'll resign Manny. If we found the money under the cushion to keep CD, we'll find more extra change for Manny. He's a Ripken. Be foolish to let him walk. 

It's one thing to find 160 M it's another to find 300+M.

Just to add some fuel the fire it sounds like Eaton is definitely available. Per John Morosi...

A rival executive told MLB Network's Jon Morosi that the White Sox are more likely to trade Adam Eaton than Jose Abreu at the winter meetings.

The White Sox seem to be in the mode of listening to trade offers for virtually anyone on their roster, but it's not surprising that Eaton appears likelier than Abreu to be dealt. The outfielder should be able to fetch a nice return, as he's a career .284/.357/.414 hitter and is under team control for just $38.4 million through 2021.
Related: Jose Abreu

Archived