Winter Meetings

bobmc

2 minutes ago, 25 Nuggets said:

Yeah sorry, I am behind on both accounts.

At least we have some actual names linked with the Orioles from the winter meetings.  They're trying to sign someone.

No worries, I just meant, sometimes with tweets, you dont really know how serious it is.

I think DD is listening and talking with other GMs, like they are all doing.

He doesn't operate under that SOP, that he has to, do something NOW, or else.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Redskins Rick said:

No worries, I just meant, sometimes with tweets, you dont really know how serious it is.

I think DD is listening and talking with other GMs, like they are all doing.

He doesn't operate under that SOP, that he has to, do something NOW, or else.

Understood, but before he came along, the rhetoric was different this time of year from the Orioles.  It was like watching paint dry.

Saunders was a beast in OPACY last year.  I think his power plays up good all over the field, sort of like Davis.  He's the type of guy we should be targeting.  AL East experience.  Will be 30-32 on a 3 year deal.  Lot's of room for reward with that deal.  Even his floor seems like it would be Pedro Alvarez type production at DH.  3/33-39 wouldn't kill us.  

1 hour ago, 25 Nuggets said:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Have heard <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/orioles?src=hash">#orioles</a> made 4-year offer to OF Mark Trumbo. His side looking for $80 mil. But showed flexibility to $70-$75 mil backloaded.</p>&mdash; Roch Kubatko (@masnRoch) <a href="https://twitter.com/masnRoch/status/805834319784771584">December 5, 2016</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

[edit - ok we'll try it this way]

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2016/12/orioles-made-four-year-offer-to-mark-trumbo.html

Man, well we can always hope Trumbo continues to do well in Camden Yards.  Really hoping it's under $70 mil.

" The Orioles don’t figure to make a run at any other free agents in Trumbo’s price range, though everything is subject to change. "

2 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

So this is "Trumbo" money like they had "Davis" money last year?

Glorious. 

Just makes no sense that they would spend the money on a player that doesn't fit our needs yet Dexter Fowler who may get similar money is out of our price range yet he fits our needs.

27 minutes ago, turtlebowl said:

Just makes no sense that they would spend the money on a player that doesn't fit our needs yet Dexter Fowler who may get similar money is out of our price range yet he fits our needs.

Does the owner want him?

Archived