Granderson

gtown

Cespedes just re-signed with the Mets, who now have a corner outfielder glut. I think Curtis Granderson might be a reasonable trade target, if the Mets would take a middle prospect and the O's took on the salary. $15M for one year. 

I'd take that over a multi-year deal with a free agent OF.

Despite his Yankee history, Granderson has always been one of my favorite non-Orioles. I like little guys with power and speed, I always liked that he went back and finished his college degree even after he went pro, and by all reports he is a really nice guy who does a lot of great community work.

And although Granderson is still a good hitter I'm not sure it would cost that much in a trade to get a 36 year old outfielder making $15M.

But I'm also not sure that the Cespedes signing means that Granderson would be on the block. It might, but the Mets do have options such as putting Granderson or Cespedes in center, or even maybe switching Jay Bruce to 1b if they are done with Lucas Duda. Plus the fact that I'm not sure if the O's can afford $15M on one (old) player this winter, even if a power-hitting and ok-fielding left-handed right-fielder would seem to fit in nicely. 

2 minutes ago, Spy Fox said:

Despite his Yankee history, Granderson has always been one of my favorite non-Orioles. I like little guys with power and speed, I always liked that he went back and finished his college degree even after he went pro, and by all reports he is a really nice guy who does a lot of great community work.

And although Granderson is still a good hitter I'm not sure it would cost that much to get a 36 year old outfielder making $15M.

But I'm also not sure that the Cespedes signing means that Granderson would be on the block. It might, but the Mets do have options such as putting Granderson or Cespedes in center, or even maybe switching Jay Bruce to 1b if they are done with Lucas Duda. Plus the fact that I'm not sure if the O's can afford $15M on one (old) player this winter, even if a power-hitting and ok-fielding left-handed right-fielder would seem to fit in nicely. 

I'd just try and get Markakis if that's the case. I think Bruce would be on the table instead, but I really wouldn't want him. 

29 minutes ago, MDtransplant757 said:

I'd just try and get Markakis if that's the case. I think Bruce would be on the table instead, but I really wouldn't want him. 

I wouldn't complain if Markakis magically reappeared on our roster, since I'm a bit afraid of having another OF situation reminiscent of the Lough/De Aza/Young/Snider/Parra/Everybody LF horribleness of 2015. Granderson is the better player right now though. And I think the Kim-Markakis comparisons we see sometimes are also apt. Of course it would all depend on what these teams are asking for in a trade, and what the chances are of getting one of the younger and more game-changing players such as Fowler or maybe Desmond. 

1 hour ago, backwardsk said:

I like Granderson a lot.  Especially on a 1 year deal.  Though I would imagine that Bruce will be the one on the trading block.

Aye, that's exactly what people are saying, which is funny to me since they traded for Bruce just four months ago.

Archived