Michael Bourn/Steve Pearce platoon

Dark Helmet

I'd have some interest in bringing Bourn back, but it depends on price.   His play for us was considerably better than his play over the rest of 2013-16.   Still, I like his tool set.    If he could be obtained for something like 1/$6 mm I'd consider it.   

12 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I'd have some interest in bringing Bourn back, but it depends on price.   His play for us was considerably better than his play over the rest of 2013-16.   Still, I like his tool set.    If he could be obtained for something like 1/$6 mm I'd consider it.   

We already have one or two platoons. I dont want another. 

9 minutes ago, weams said:

We already have one or two platoons. I dont want another. 

I don't really care.    We don't platoon in the infield or in CF.    I have questions whether a platoon in LF or DH is really necessary (Kim hit lefties just fine in 2012-15 in the KBO, and Mancini hit righties well in the minors).   Both Bourn and Pearce bring some versatility and I don't think an outfield of Jones, Kim, Rickard, Bourn and Pearce would be bad.   

1 hour ago, RZNJ said:

Bourn should be paid like the 4th OF he should be expected to be, not the LH of a platoon.   I wouldn't go more than 2M for him.   He's an extra OF you hope exceeds expectations.   Don't pay for the hope part.

Yessir.  Remember De Aza, year two.  And Snider year one.

Archived