Saunders? Seriously??

wildcard

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, 25 Nuggets said:

Is there any update on this front?  Saunders would really not be a bad signing if the price is right.

One author's opinion here in Camden Chat:

"The 30-year-old outfielder is coming off of a 2016 season in which he posted career full-season highs all across his batting line: a .253/.338/.478 in a career-high 140 games with a career-high 24 home runs.

Those are some solid numbers, although they come with the drawback that he just put up a career year at age 29. The risk in signing him would be that he’s not going to be that good again because he’s never been that good before. Saunders has only topped 130 games played in three seasons. He will miss time because he always misses time."

MLB Trade Rumors predicts that Saunders will end up signing a three year, $33 million contract. They pegged him as an Orioles guy in early November, and it’s a prediction that makes sense. Saunders at $11 million per year isn’t THAT expensive and he’s enough of a name that the Orioles could point at him and act like they’ve done something really significant."

http://www.camdenchat.com/2016/12/5/13843388/orioles-rumors-michael-saunders

Per rotoworld,

MASN's Roch Kubatko reports that the Orioles are showing interest in free agent Michael Saunders.
He meets the Orioles' desire for a right fielder who bats left-handed. Injuries have been a constant drain for Saunders throughout his career and he fell apart down the stretch with Toronto in 2016, though the 30-year-old still managed a decent 253/.338/.478 overall slash line with 24 home runs in 140 games. Dec 5 - 11:36 AM

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/mlb/4461/michael-saunders

What injury am I missing that he wouldn't pass our physical?  I see he had a nagging hamstring all season but he played in 140 games and I don't think was on the DL.  Does he have a past injury or something chronic?  

2 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Per rotoworld,

MASN's Roch Kubatko reports that the Orioles are showing interest in free agent Michael Saunders.
He meets the Orioles' desire for a right fielder who bats left-handed. Injuries have been a constant drain for Saunders throughout his career and he fell apart down the stretch with Toronto in 2016, though the 30-year-old still managed a decent 253/.338/.478 overall slash line with 24 home runs in 140 games. Dec 5 - 11:36 AM

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/mlb/4461/michael-saunders

What injury am I missing that he wouldn't pass our physical?  I see he had a nagging hamstring all season but he played in 140 games and I don't think was on the DL.  Does he have a past injury or something chronic?  

MLBTR says:

While he comes with negatives, including a checkered injury history, Saunders would add some variety to a Baltimore lineup whose only current lefty-swinging everyday player is first baseman Chris Davis.

1 hour ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Past injury.  He tore cartilage in his knee two years ago in Toronto, that's the big one.  Prior to that he had shoulder and oblique injuries in Seattle.  He played in 87 games between 2014-2015.

Archived