Orioles told Bautista's reps...Orioles fans don't like him

Dark Helmet

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply
32 minutes ago, Bucked said:

Bautista and Stephen Drew aren't on the same level and it's not even close. Even in a down year riddled with injuries he put up a 122 wRC+. He's still projected to put up nearly 3 WAR next season. Someone will give him a 1 year deal worth around $20M and he'll head into free agency again next year with no comp pick attached.

He's not getting $20M. Who's going to give it to him? He can't even get a deal period, much less a $20M one. 

13 minutes ago, Bucked said:

Yes, I read what was posted above. The pick isn't in the middle of the first round though, it's a comp pic that comes at the end of the first round. Based on what I've read that pick isn't going to be valued at anymore than $10M. Lets not forget that some teams also have protected picks.

You are mistaken.

1 hour ago, sportsfan8703 said:

I'd chalk it up to his hot first half of the season.  He mostly played RF then.  Once we got Bourn he started DH'ing a lot more.  

Interesting point, but the facts don't support it as an explanation. Bourn's first start was Sept. 7th and Trumbo's stats that month were actually quite good (unlike his August):  .272 / .330 / .544 / .874. 

Archived