Orioles told Bautista's reps...Orioles fans don't like him

Dark Helmet

2 hours ago, Frobby said:

If I were GM, I wouldn't care too much about what the fans think of an opposing player who's a free agent.   I would care what the manager and players in the clubhouse thought, however.  

I wonder how much Yankees fans liked Johnny Damon or Jacoby Ellsbury when they were with the Red Sox.

Agreed. I'd take a chance on him. IMO the Orioles need to change the current mix. None of their current players hit in the playoffs and we need, IMO a bit of a change. Maybe his attitude would be a good thing for the rest of the team. 

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Frobby said:

If I were GM, I wouldn't care too much about what the fans think of an opposing player who's a free agent.   I would care what the manager and players in the clubhouse thought, however.  

I wonder how much Yankees fans liked Johnny Damon or Jacoby Ellsbury when they were with the Red Sox.

It would have been great if Cashman had said "Our fans don't care for Jacoby Elsbury."

3 minutes ago, pastorfan said:

Agreed. I'd take a chance on him. IMO the Orioles need to change the current mix. None of their current players hit in the playoffs and we need, IMO a bit of a change. Maybe his attitude would be a good thing for the rest of the team. 

Did Joey hit in the playoffs? 

Year AB R H HR RBI SB AVG OBP OPS
2016 Postseason Stats 33 5 6 2 5 0 .182 .308 .702

3 hours ago, weams said:

That is an actual value of 1/33 then. Since he can not be offered a qualifying offer next season.

Actual Value of 33 million for an aging, poor defense, outfielder. With no ability to recoup any of the value when he becomes a free agent. Think hard. 

Archived