Supply and Demand

Bahama O's Fan

5 hours ago, Dark Helmet said:

Yeah. But up to then, the Orioles ran the price up against themselves. If Manny isn't in this teams longterm future, signing Davis looks even worse now. Davis isn't a franchise player. Should have took the pick for him, and put Trumbo at 1B for a year, then put Mancini there. Amazing this team has been as good as it has the last 5 years. If not for that, the FO would look just as incompetent as it did during the 14 straight losing seasons.

You really don't get it do you? You keep wanting to hold Dan accountable for Davis. Given PA's craziness Dan has done a remarkable job since he has been here, Nobody else even wanted the job because of Angelos.

1 hour ago, El Gordo said:

You really don't get it do you? You keep wanting to hold Dan accountable for Davis. Given PA's craziness Dan has done a remarkable job since he has been here, Nobody else even wanted the job because of Angelos.

I agree. I'm convinced that Dan was "told" to get a deal with Davis done. He was one of Angelos' "guys".

1 hour ago, El Gordo said:

I gave you Davis. What more do you want? How do you even know what Dan has had a hand in or what he hasn't? Since as you said, PA is still meddling. Was Davies for Parra Angelos? Was Arietta/Strop for Feldman PA? And in the post you quoted, I never mentioned DD. I said "signing Davis longterm looks worse now". Where did I say DD signing Davis?

6 hours ago, Dark Helmet said:

Amazing this team has been as good as it has the last 5 years. If not for that, the FO would look just as incompetent as it did during the 14 straight losing seasons.

Yes, they would be bad if they weren't so good.

2 hours ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Right now it appears there isn't a very big market for Trumbo, MW and Pedro Alvarez. If we wanted Pearce back at 2/12 we could have easily done that. 

Not much demand for these guys.  Colorado could get crazy With trumbo and the other two are Boras clients. 

I'm beginning to feel optimistic that the Orioles will land a power bat on a reasonable deal - just not one that comes with much of a glove.

Don't forget Brandon Moss and Mike Napoli are still out there too.  And of course Chris Carter.  Yeah, we're talking about low average/high strikeouts but if the price is low, these sluggers have value to an American League team.  You can add Michael Saunders to that list too - he's probably good for 25 HR in Camden Yards.

16 hours ago, Dark Helmet said:

I gave you Davis. What more do you want? How do you even know what Dan has had a hand in or what he hasn't? Since as you said, PA is still meddling. Was Davies for Parra Angelos? Was Arietta/Strop for Feldman PA? And in the post you quoted, I never mentioned DD. I said "signing Davis longterm looks worse now". Where did I say DD signing Davis?

Arrieta was one of the worst pitchers to get extended starts as a Oriole in the last decade. Other than Brian Matusz. Whatever happened to him or happened to make him that here was not Dan Duquette. Everyone wanted Arrieta gone. And it was Bundy that the Cubs wanted. Jake was just Theo's moon shot. Who knows what Jake did to get wonderful. No one in the Orioles organization was able to get that. And many folks tried. We pretended that he was an opening day starter. 

Archived