Why not give Dariel Alvarez a shot?

Shabadoo25

32 minutes ago, MDtransplant757 said:

His base is, at worst, replacing Nolan Remold. 

He should have been on this team instead of Reimold last year. Reimold is a good guy, but I'm fairly certain he has inappropriate pictures of Duquette or Buck that he uses to keep his roster spot. :D 

Saying that, I'd be fine with Alvarez being a 4th outfielder or even platooning with Kim. I think he would have value hitting against lefties and would hold his won against righties while providing solid defense and a great arm.

Alvarez would be fine defensively, but I'm not sure he'll ever be a productive hitter in the major leagues. Even at the time the Orioles signed him, scouts from other clubs were skeptical he'd ever be able to hit because of his loopy uppercut swing (he wasn't really that great a hitter in Cuba). The Orioles really should have converted him into a pitcher.

4 hours ago, Tony-OH said:

He should have been on this team instead of Reimold last year. Reimold is a good guy, but I'm fairly certain he has inappropriate pictures of Duquette or Buck that he uses to keep his roster spot. :D 

Saying that, I'd be fine with Alvarez being a 4th outfielder or even platooning with Kim. I think he would have value hitting against lefties and would hold his won against righties while providing solid defense and a great arm.

More likely that Reimold is bribing Dan or Buck to keep him on the team iwth inappropriate pics of his own wife... I mean heck have you seen her?  

Archived