Is Dan Duquette thinking of Trumbo as an outfielder?

wildcard

29 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I wasted ten minutes during the season trying to see if there was a medical term for a fear of walls after Trumbo pulled up one game.

I didn't just want to make up something like teíchosphobia.

Harvey Walltanker?

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

I wasted ten minutes during the season trying to see if there was a medical term for a fear of walls after Trumbo pulled up one game.

I didn't just want to make up something like teíchosphobia.

user_placeholder_small.png

Fear of Walls is a phobia that affects over 250,000 people in America alone. It doesn't have a special name, just wall phobia.

Not sure if this is really true but it was on  the internet so it must be true, i wonder what the phobia is called of building a wall ? This one I don't buy.

19. Masklophobia –  fear of mascots/costumes

It’s not the size, or even the bizarreness of the concept that scares people, but rather the expressionless, staring faces of the costumes. Especially for children, who gaze at people’s faces to work out their feelings through their expressions, the blank, unchanging face of  the mascot can be especially freaky. (That explains all the crying babies at Disneyland). Such a stone-still face indicates death, and the unfamiliar sight of a huge mascot with a dead face moving around is like the dead have come to life! Yep, the fear of mascots is basically like a fear of zombies, and we can’t really say that’s irrational.

20 minutes ago, grimed1 said:
user_placeholder_small.png

Fear of Walls is a phobia that affects over 250,000 people in America alone. It doesn't have a special name, just wall phobia.

Not sure if this is really true but it was on  the internet so it must be true, i wonder what the phobia is called of building a wall ? This one I don't buy.

19. Masklophobia –  fear of mascots/costumes

It’s not the size, or even the bizarreness of the concept that scares people, but rather the expressionless, staring faces of the costumes. Especially for children, who gaze at people’s faces to work out their feelings through their expressions, the blank, unchanging face of  the mascot can be especially freaky. (That explains all the crying babies at Disneyland). Such a stone-still face indicates death, and the unfamiliar sight of a huge mascot with a dead face moving around is like the dead have come to life! Yep, the fear of mascots is basically like a fear of zombies, and we can’t really say that’s irrational.

Being afraid of hurting yourself isn't a phobia. People that don't have this ability end up with Darwin Awards or roles in Jackass movies.

6 minutes ago, Larry18 said:

Being afraid of hurting yourself isn't a phobia. People that don't have this ability end up with Darwin Awards or roles in Jackass movies.

No one reasonable expects Trumbo or any other player to go barreling full speed into a wall.

But a lot of us think that Trumbo is overly cautious when it comes to walls.

Obviously any comments about him actually being afraid of walls are meant in jest.

The off season again has hit a stalemate like last year it seems with teams and agents bluffing each other on who is in who is out.  Most of the top guys are gone in the top 10 but quite a few left in the middle tier.  I can never tell if I like the baseball off season that seems to go all the way up to Spring and sometimes into spring with moves as it gives teams hope and something to talk about or like football and basketball when within hours of free agency players are singing all over the place.  I guess because they have the draft after free agency and all it makes their off season go a little faster and other things to talk about but in baseball all we have is free agency and trades.

1 minute ago, bpilktree said:

The off season again has hit a stalemate like last year it seems with teams and agents bluffing each other on who is in who is out.  Most of the top guys are gone in the top 10 but quite a few left in the middle tier.  I can never tell if I like the baseball off season that seems to go all the way up to Spring and sometimes into spring with moves as it gives teams hope and something to talk about or like football and basketball when within hours of free agency players are singing all over the place.  I guess because they have the draft after free agency and all it makes their off season go a little faster and other things to talk about but in baseball all we have is free agency and trades.

But this year's middle tier isn't all that talented.

4 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

No one reasonable expects Trumbo or any other player to go barreling full speed into a wall.

But a lot of us think that Trumbo is overly cautious when it comes to walls.

Obviously any comments about him actually being afraid of walls are meant in jest.

You have a very dry sense of humor. It went right over my head.

Archived