TT: Smith for Gallardo trade a good step, but now what?

Tony-OH

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Redskins Rick said:

If he improves, doesn't he help the current team he is playing for, and wouldn't that be the goal, to have the best team possible?

I figure that it would take a while and give up quite a few at bats for it to have a semblance of a positive impact. I figure. 

Just now, weams said:

I figure that it would take a while and give up quite a few at bats for it to have a semblance of a positive impact. I figure. 

If doesn't have to. Play with it in ST, and then give him a short leash in the regular season, if there is success, great, if not, then use him as you did last season.

Just now, Redskins Rick said:

If doesn't have to. Play with it in ST, and then give him a short leash in the regular season, if there is success, great, if not, then use him as you did last season.

I'm fine with him going  to Twin Lakes to get extra at bats if he is there the whole time and see what happens. We agree. 

4 minutes ago, Redskins Rick said:

The ratio of LHP to RHP is what, 30-70%?

Fun stat of the day

2016 slash lines against LHP
Trumbo - .173/.223/.385/.608
Alvarez - .243/.293/.378/.671

Assuming same performance over the same amount of PA as Trumbo got, Alvarez would have hit 39 home runs last year.
2016 stats lines with same amount of PAs
Trumbo - .256/.316/.533/.850, 47 HR, 51 BB, 170K
Alvarez - .249/.322/.504/.826 39 HR, 65 BB, 172K

I think you may have given me my next Take. ;)

1 minute ago, Tony-OH said:

Fun stat of the day

2016 slash lines against LHP
Trumbo - .173/.223/.385/.608
Alvarez - .243/.293/.378/.671

Assuming same performance over the same amount of PA as Trumbo got, Alvarez would have hit 39 home runs last year.
2016 stats lines with same amount of PAs
Trumbo - .256/.316/.533/.850, 47 HR, 51 BB, 170K
Alvarez - .249/.322/.504/.826 39 HR, 65 BB, 172K

I think you may have given me my next Take. ;)

:)

How does that translate, since Pedro would be hitting against his weakness 70% and Trumbo hitting against his weakness 30% of the time.

16 minutes ago, ArtVanDelay said:

But he's really bad defensively. 

I don't think he is.  The metrics weren't kind to him in limited time out there, but I think there is potential for him to be at least average out there with some experience.  He played CF in the minors.  

10 minutes ago, Redskins Rick said:

:)

How does that translate, since Pedro would be hitting against his weakness 70% and Trumbo hitting against his weakness 30% of the time.

Huh, how is Pedro hitting against his weakness 70% of the time? His strength is hitting RHP.

Archived