Report: Orioles Show Interest in Moss

Rene88

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

They going to Davis-up the contract so it looks bigger?

No Idea. I figure 4/ 52 to 56 in cash and the 8 million pick value adding about 2 per year to the value in the Front Office mind. It's not like they don't make FAs pay for assigned pick ;)

3 minutes ago, riprulz8 said:

Question for the pro-Rasmus folks.  Why exactly would we want him?  He's a low AVG and low OBP guy who strikes out a ton with a little bit of pop in his bat.  We have that in spades.  Generally curious....

Good defense and previously good bat. Type of goodness like what the Oriole have. I assume Seth Smith just took his role on the Orioles. 

5 minutes ago, riprulz8 said:

Question for the pro-Rasmus folks.  Why exactly would we want him?  He's a low AVG and low OBP guy who strikes out a ton with a little bit of pop in his bat.  We have that in spades.  Generally curious....

They are looking at WAR and his defense is better than the rest.

2 minutes ago, weams said:

Good defense and previously good bat. Type of goodness like what the Oriole have. I assume Seth Smith just took his role on the Orioles. 

Thanks, weams.  I do like his bat (power wise) and his D, just concerned over the .206 AVG, .286 OBP and .641 OPS from last year.

Just now, riprulz8 said:

Thanks, weams.  I do like his bat (power wise) and his D, just concerned over the .206 AVG, .286 OBP and .641 OPS.

He was injured in some very weird ways last year and was not permitted to get healthy. He had several surgeries. 

3 minutes ago, Rene88 said:

LOL-that's awesome. I like that answer.

I like the pick, could care less about the $$$.

Turn the pick into money as I did and it is more palatable. It's not like he would be sacrificing a finished product or anything. 

Archived