Regret

Camden_yardbird

3 hours ago, crissfan172 said:

I'm going to say 22, but the win total is pretty irrelevant. Davies may only win 9 games and still pitch very well because of how bad the Brewers are. 

The Brewers just signed Joba Chamberlain, so you might want to revise your estimates.  Lol.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 1/20/2017 at 0:38 PM, ArtVanDelay said:

Harder did not get "rocked" at AAA.  This is why you can't just look at ERA. 

He had an 11.5 K/9 and 3.81 FIP.  He also had a .345 BABIP which is far higher than any of his other MiL stops.  He got unlucky and he needs to bring the walks down a little bit, but he certainly didn't get rocked. 

He was a 22 year old pitching in the PCL. 

Fangraphs rated the Brewers' prospects today, and Hader was ranked 5th in their system.   There's a nice, detailed write-up of him in the article.   http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/top-25-prospects-milwaukee-brewers/

16 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Fangraphs rated the Brewers' prospects today, and Hader was ranked 5th in their system.   There's a nice, detailed write-up of him in the article.   http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/top-25-prospects-milwaukee-brewers/

Looking forward to seeing where a 55 shows up in the O's system.

Also, this

luscious flowing mane of hair

Bit more detailed than I like.

Wow, Brandon Fahey.  He was  Ryan Flaherty before there was a Ryan Flaherty, lol...I've blacked out all memories of the guy in the middle of that pic as an Oriole....talk about my least favorite Oriole ever...

2 hours ago, esmd said:

Wow, Brandon Fahey.  He was  Ryan Flaherty before there was a Ryan Flaherty, lol...I've blacked out all memories of the guy in the middle of that pic as an Oriole....talk about my least favorite Oriole ever...

Fahey's problem was that the team was so pathetic that it had to play him in the outfield on a semi-regular basis.    

6 hours ago, Frobby said:

BA, BP and Sickels all rate Hader as the Brewers' no. 2 prospect, in a very strong system.    

How is that possible? How are all of these guys suddenly these hot MLB prospects? It seems like the moment they leave Baltimore, they're all lining up for Cy Young awards before throwing a pitch for their new team. Maybe it's the Arrieta Effect. If we held Jake back that much, maybe our farm system is full of natural talent, but our coaches and trainers don't know what the heck they're doing. These ratings... I dunno. I think they tend to be pretty hit or miss. But that's just my observation - based on zero data.

Archived